Restoring What Was Lost

No. Another life, sacrificed for a losing battle. Why? How could this happen? What happened to all the stories I've ever read? Where the heroes prevail over the enemy for the greater good? I looked around and watched as the last of the falmer fell. Many died, even more were injured. Ria grabbed my arm and looked at me. "Don't be like this, not now. These men are proud of what they accomplished. If you grow weak now all hope these men have gained will be lost. Show them we can win this and bring up the morale again. Don't buckle, not now." She said. She's right. Even if we just took a big loss, we made it out of a situation where the odds were highly stacked against us. I looked around the room one final time. "Everybody, sit down and take a quick rest. I'll be back momentarily." I said. I grabbed Ria and Alexia and turned the corridor going into the bedrooms. "Ria, I want to give these men a promotion in rank. Is there anything we can do to make that happen?" I asked. "Well, I don't believe we made any kind of special equipment for this..." she said. "Wait! I got it!" Alexia blurted out. "What?" I asked. "Go and gather me five dead falmer." she said. I didn't ask questions, and did what she asked. Ria and I quickly gathered the bodies and brought them to her. "Excellent. Please, you two should be tired as well. Go and rest and I'll come get you when I am finished." she said. She was right, I was exhausted. My arms felt like they were about to fall off. I walked to another bedroom with Ria behind me and we both passed out on a bed almost the instant our bodies were on it. Alexia woke us up what seemed like minutes later, and told us to follow her into the bedroom. We walked in and saw the heads of the five dead falmer on the bed. The were stitched together separately with leather, iron, and other materials. "What are they?" asked Ria. "Helmets." I said. "For the five remaining men." Alexia looked at me and nodded. "That's correct, Titus." she said. "Why don't you go present them to the men? It would mean a lot to them coming from you." she pointed out. "Right." I said as I nodded. "Let's go." I told them, and we gathered the helmets and went back to them men.