The First Scar

I turned and ran at the falmer the threw the axe. I lunged at it, and knocked it to the ground. I pulled it's own dagger out and stabbed him over and over again. Until you could not see a face anymore. I got back up and ran to Kharjo's side. "Kharjo..." I said. I couldn't think of any other words to say. "Kharjo knows this was going to happen sooner or later." He said as he coughed blood up. Then smiled "Kharjo knows you can do it. Don't doubt yourself, always stay focused on the enemy. Choose you words quickly, and swing your sword even faster. This was Kharjo's fate from the beginning. Don't be sad for Kharjo. Kharjo did everything that he needed to do. His time is over, but your's is just beginning. Keep your hopes up high, and keep your shield just as high. Kharjo will be watching your triumph as I drink the finest skooma in all of Tamriel. He must go now, the divines are waiting for Kharjo." He said. He reached out his hand, clutching something in it. I opened my hand, and he grabbed it, and placed a necklace in it. "Goodbye, Dovvakin." He said as he slowly drifted away. I sat there, as a single tear dripped onto his robes. I clenched the necklace tight, and stood up as I wiped my eyes. I walked past his body and picked the two swords up off the ground. I charged the front line and hacked my way through one, then two, then three. I just kept swinging. Left arm, then right, then repeat. The enemy dropped one after the other. I didn't stop until every single one was dead. As I watched the last one fall, I broke down into tears. Ria and Alexia ran to me and consoled me. They looked back every now and then at Kharjo's body, and slowly they broke into tears. The giant came and sat down with us, and patted me on the back. I looked at him and he was holding a paper in his hand. I took it, and opened it slowly. Shaking, and soaking the paper with tears, I read it. "I'm sorry, Dovvakin" it said. I looked at him, and shook my head. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have been careless.'' He picked us all up, and placed us on his shoulders. Then gathered Kharjo's body and we made our way back to the top of the mountain. '