The Landslide

The soldiers did as I said. "Everyone gather your swords and put them into the handles of the doors, we need time." I turned to Ria. "Where's the giant?" I asked. "He's in my room still, shall I fetch him?" she asked. "Quickly." I said. She ran down the hall. "Alexia, I need you to gather all the bows and arrows you can get." I said. "You got it." she said. She started picking up every arrow she could find. "I need any soldier that is decent with a bow to report to me now!" I yelled. Five men came running and stood in front of me. "Wait here." I told them. Ria came back with the giant right behind her. "Get him to lift these men up into the roof. We're going to need support from angles. You go with them, your a pretty good shot too" I told her. She nodded, and starting getting them into the roof. I looked over toward the door, and knew it wasn't going to hold out for much longer. "Anyone who is a good spear-man, report to me!' I yelled. Four men ran over, with spears in hand. "Is this all the spears we have?" I asked. "Yes sir, the rest are holding the door shut. If we take them away they'll break right in." A soldier said. I looked at the spears and watched as they held back the massive force hammering at the door. I looked behind me and noticed a fallen stone pillar. "You four men go and station yourselves behind that pillar. When they get close spring up and take whatever is on the other side of the pillar out. Understand?" I asked. "Yes sir." They all said. They ran back and positioned themselves behind it. I looked back at the door and watched at the spears cracked and started to split. Alexia walked over to me and handed a bow to me, along with a small supply of arrows. "Get up there with your sister, you can shoot a bow better then anyone i've seen." I told her. "No! I want to be down here with you, I want to fight along side you." She said. "No, not this time. I want you to cover me, okay? Make sure they don't get a cheap shot on me like last time, alright?" I smiled, and handed over half my arrows. She stared at me for a few seconds, before she went over to the giant and was lifted up. I watched as the final spears broke between the handles, and looked at all the men waiting at the door's. "All of you, get back away from the door's! Find a spot to hide from them, this goes for everyone. When they walk in that door, we will all jump on them at all flanks. Move!" I yelled as I got into a position.