Handing Out Morale

There was a total of eleven survivors, but six of them were taken away to get treated. So the five that were left had to be rewarded, the rest would be when they were able to stand again and fight. As the men laid eyes on me they all got down on one knee. "Stand up, I don't want any of that from you men." I told them. They all looked at one another and stood up straight. "Boys, and girls of course, that was some fine fighting back there. To be honest with you all, I didn't think a single one of you were going to make it out alive. As a matter of fact, I don't think they did either. But they were wrong. Fooled. And if they can be fooled, they can be killed. I know we lost some good people in that fight, but we must honor their sacrifice by continuing to fight until every one of those demons are killed, and the battle is won. We have a long way to go still, but that fight showed what you men are capable of. These special helmets show that you men are now leaders. You will now lead others the way I did you. I expect every single one of you to fight until your final breath. You all did an outstanding job holding your ground. Now, Alexia, armor these men with the hides of the enemy. I now kneel before you all, to be your shield and sword. I am homered to have you at my side in this war. And may the divines bless you all in the coming days." I said. Another soldier ran into the room from outside. "Their making another push up the hill!" he yelled. I turned to the soldiers and we looked at each other. "Now, let's go show them why I made you an elite unit of warriors." I said, and we all proceeded to charge out the door, and into another battle.