Chapter 13: Everyone's whipped for Park Jay

Daylight broke into the household.

Jake,who was lying on the couch in the living room was the first to wake up.

He stretched and yawned, trying to understand where he was. He remembered that he was at the home.

The doorbell rings.

"Must be ajhumma..."he walks up and swings open the door.

"Ajhumma you are ba-" it's someone totally unexpected.

It's Jay,dressed in a suit,holding a bouquet of tulips.

Jay also seems equally surprised to see Jake at Rara's house at this time.

"What are you doing here?" Both of them say at the same time.

They stand there awkwardly,not knowing what to say.

Jay's eyes hover to Jake's borrowed floral pyjamas and tries to stifle a laugh.

"Yah! Don't you dare laugh! I had no other option but to borrow Rara's since I got drenched in the rain getting here last night!" Jaeyun says.

"Oh...you were here since yesterday then..."Jay slowly says.

Jaeyun proudly nods his head.

"Yeah Rara was alone at home,so I came to keep her company."he says.

"Oh,she was...I had no idea...if she told me I could have-"before Jay can complete Jake interrupts.

"It's alright,not everyone is that close Jay yah. I just know her inside out."Jake grins as Jay's expression droops.

Meanwhile footsteps are heard behind them.

"Jay oppa!" Minyoung comes racing to him.

"Aww Minyoungiee!" Jay has a wide smile on his face as he picks up the little girl in his arms.

"Yah. Minyoung aa! I am here too!" Jake is offended she didn't even greet him.

She just gives him a careless wave before turning away.

"It's okay Jaeyun ssi,not everyone is that close."Jay grins.

Mrs Oh makes her entrance too.

"Jaeyun aa..."Jaeyun looks at her happily. Finally someone to boost him up.

But her attentions are diverted to the unfamiliar guy at her doorstep.

"And you are? Jaeyunie's friend?" She asks.

He gently puts Minyoung down,bows in respect.

"Hello ma'am.My name is Park Jongseong,I am Rara's- "she quickly grabs him by the arm.

"Ah! So you are Jay! Rara keeps telling me about you! Why are you still standing outside? Please come in! These children have no manners to invite you in,I am so sorry-"she leads him in as Jake frowns.

"Do you like coffee?"Mrs Oh asks.

"Yes,I do like coffee ma'am."

"Then I will offer you some."

"No ma'am,you just got back,you must be tired there's no need of that."

"No dear boy,Jaeyun here makes real good coffee. Jaeyun aa,go make some coffee for us please!" Jaeyun looks at her in shock.

"Me?!"

"Yeah. Who else named Jaeyun do I know? Go get to work! Quick!"she orders and he walks reluctantly towards the kitchen.

"Why would that guy come here anyways. Dressed in that funny suit and all."he glares in Jay's direction.

He spots Rara walking down the stairs,sleepily yawning,completely oblivious to Jay's presence downstairs.