Chapter 14: Confess Under The Sky

"Jongseong aaaa...are we going to Jeju island or what,why is the 'drive' taking so long?" She laughs. They have been driving for over an hour now,and they are still 'on the way'.

"Sorry,just a little longer."he winks.

After 'a little longer' they reach their destination.

"A fair?"Rara looks at him in confusion.

He nods.

"But we have one nearer to where we stay,why drive all the way to the outskirts of the city?" She raises an eyebrow as he gets off and opens the door for her.

"You will see..."he smiles.

"You trust me right?" He asks suddenly.

"Of course. But why?" She laughs.

He goes behind her and covers her eyes with his own hands.

"Then come along"

He guides her forward.

"Jongseong aa where are we going?"she laughs.

She can hear little kids chattering,the screams from the rides,and all other typical sounds you would hear in a fair.

They kept walking,and finally Jay takes his hands away from her eyes. When she opens her eyes,she finds herself in a pretty wooden cabin with glass windows,showing the lake outside.

She turns to him.

"Where are we now?" She asks.

"On a giant wheel" he smiles.

"What?" She says in a shocked tone,and right then it starts moving .

"Aah!"she hugs Jay suddenly, flustering him.

"I am scared of heights!" She yells.

"Oh..I didn't know...."Jay mentally curses himself. How come he didn't know all these details.

And now , the cabin was already
too high up in the air to stop it.

It halted right at the top.

"Have we reached the ground? Am I on the ground now?"she asks,still having her eyes shut tightly in fear.

"Erm..no actually...we have halted at the top..." He says in embarassment.

"Aaaahhh whyy?? Is the machine broken or something? Why has it stopped??" She wails.

She seemed absolutely petrified and Jay felt bad for doing this to her. It wasn't his intention to scare her.

"I am really scared of heights Jay yah...I had an incident in the past...that's why...I cannot even look.."she says in a broken voice.

He hugs her.

"Sorry,this is all my doing...I told them to stop it here..."he says in a low tone.

"Why?"

"I just wanted to show you something..."

"What?" She asks,her face is still buried in his chest as she doesn't want to see how high they are,as she might faint if that happens.

"Never mind,I don't think you should look,heights aren't good for you..I will just call them up to lower us down..."he quickly took his phone to dial a number.

"Damn it,the guy won't pick up..."he sighs.

"I am really sorry Ra...I didn't do this intentionally...." Rara cuts him out by opening her eyes.

"Jay, what is it that you wanted to show me. I want to see it."

Jay is surprised.

"Are you sure...you don't have to for me..."

"I want to see it!" She firmly says.

He holds onto her shoulders and turns her around.

She sees a huge billboard in front of her. She tries not to look down and focuses on the Billboard only.

Slowly letters start glowing on it.

By the time she realises it,she finds her potrait glowing on the screen.

"Happy Birthday Rara"

"Jay...this is... beautiful....thank you..." Her eyes are fixated on it. It's the most beautiful image she ever laid eyes on.

Jay meanwhile was sweating profusely. He was in anticipation of the next set of letters.

The happy birthday disappeared to be replaced by another set of letters.

"I Like You Rara...Will you be my girlfriend?"

Rara's cheeks flushed pink.

Did Jay just confess?!

Did he say he liked her?!

Oh.  My. God

She turns around to see Jay looking back at her,in anticipation to her reply.

"Jay...I..."

"I think...I like you too..."she blushed.

"Wait? What? For real?! Really?! Rara?!" His eyes widened in happiness as a huge smile spread across his face.

"Mhmm..."she nods shyly.

"Oh god..."he hugs her affectionately.

"I was so scared , I wouldn't know what to do if you turned me down..."he chuckled.

"Why would I...you have been a gentleman to me...what's there to not like in you..."she smiles looking up to him.

They smile at each other until they realise their faces are only inches apart.

"This is the moment...."Jay thinks.

He slowly moves in to kiss her.

Rara's pulse rate picks up. She closes her eyes.

But before that kiss reaches her,they are jolted by the sudden movement of the cabin.

"Aish. He really had to start right at the moment." Jay curses under his breath making Rara chuckle.

The cabin slowly reaches the ground,and both of them get off-hand in hand.

Jay throws the operator a spiteful look before walking away with Rara.

But on the bright side,he finally confessed. He looked beside him to see Rara smiling back at him.

It was Rara's birthday. But he was the happiest man in the world right now.

__________________________________

A/N-29Th August 2021

Aww...our JaRa💝😭 Are official now💖💖

Bye byee Jakey boy✌️

And no,this is not the end of story😂 If you thought this was the last episode...no it's not😂

I have a reputation of making my readers pull their hair out in frustration😌

Please do vote on this chapter and the previous,it would be very encouraging!

Saranghae💖

Author V✌️