Chapter 29: Happy Ending?

Things were festive at Rara's place.

Jaeyun got into the national team and of course, Rara won the internship.

Mrs Oh couldn't be anymore prouder. She raised these two,and now they were achieving such great feats in life. She couldn't control her happiness.

One day when Rara was working over time at her assistant teacher job back at college,Jaeyun came to visit.

"Jaeyun aa! My sweet boy!" Mrs Oh took him into a motherly embrace as he happily hugged her back.

"You know how proud I am of you right?" She smiles as she looks at him fondly.

His eyes grow tender.

"It's all because of you Mrs Oh. Without you, I would have been a nobody."

They bond together.

"Rara?" He asks as he starts looking around for her.

"She is at school. Overtime again."Mrs Oh answers and he nods calmly.

He is deep in thought for a while before he finally makes up his mind.

"Mrs Oh...I need your help for one last thing..."

"Tell me dear. If it is anything I can help with,I would definitely do it."

He looks at her in the eye.

"I love Rara"

His statement makes Mrs Oh look up in surprise. She stares at him blankly for a while before her wrinkled face turns into a warm smile.

"I knew it. I am glad you realised it too."

"Realised it too?" He is confused.

"Rara always loved you.But I really thought you didn't,cause she would come home crying over you on countless nights. "

Jake felt the guilt in stomach return.

"I thought she got over you and now is dating that boy Jong-"

"No,it's not like that anymore... I have to let Rara know about how I feel... I have to!" He says in a voice resounding with desperation.

He looks back at Mrs Oh.

"She leaves for the States in a week. I am going to propose to her before that." He states and Mrs Oh could see the determination in his eyes.

He genuinely loved her.

_______________________________

Today was finally the day Rara was leaving for the States.

She went to her University in the morning to bid everyone a good bye.

Her faculty,classmates and juniors were all emotional.

"I couldn't have made it without your support." She tears up as she hugs them.

"Make us proud sweetheart " her professor hugs her warmly.

After that emotional goodbye,Rara walks out of the campus. She slowly walks down the pathway admiring the tiniest of grass also today.

She was finally graduating from this institute today-the place where her dreams started. The various memories associated with it came back to her. Sad,Happy,Joyous and painful,there were quite diverse. But this is what made her into the person that she is today. And she would always remember that.

She turns back for one last time to look at the magnificent building.

"Thank you...KU" she smiles and turns away.