Chapter 20: M E N

She knew where to find Jaeyun. He must be seated at bleachers,playing absent minded-ly with his jacket zipper as he watched the field.

And yes,there he was.

"Jaeyun aa!" Rara calls out.

He turns his head to her and she sees a wide smile on his face.

"Why is he smiling like a crazy guy?" She wonders.

"Rara!" He gets up and grins.

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me about the football team?" She demands.

"Aah..."he sadly sighs and looks down,ashamed.

She understands what he is going through right now.

"Jayeun-ie..."she slowly pats his shoulder comfortingly,not knowing how her touch tensed his muscles up.

"Jaeyun aa...just go apologise to Coach...beg him for another chance. You cannot give up like this!!"

"Rara...I just cannot face him...I-" he purses his lips.

"Forget that! I want to forget everything for a while. Let's go watch a film okay? I will pay!" He suddenly says out of nowhere.

"No, Jaeyun that's not what you should be doing right now."he doesn't let her complete.

"I will wait for you at the theatre. Be there at 6 pm." He quickly gets up to leave.

"Hey! Listen! But-" she tries to say something,but he disappeared from sight.

She looks back at the field and sees the coach entering....
__________________________________

Jaeyun adjusts his hairstyle in the mirror.

"I have to look smart....sophisticated."he murmurs and goes through his run down closet.

He cannot find anything date night worthy.

He sighs and slumps down on his bed.

Then out of the corner of the eye he spots a shirt.

(Flashback- A Year Ago)

"Jaeyun aa! Here's your birthday present!" Rara giggles as she gives him a box.

"What is this?" He takes the wrapping off carelessly and finds a pale pink shirt in it.

"Do you like it?" She asks with eager eyes.

"Rara yah...you know this is not my style!" He groaned.

"Aah why? Pink suits you! And plus I have the same shirt,we could wear it together when we go out! That would be so cool!" She grins.

He shakes his head, "Nope,not happening!" He puts it back in.

"Aaah Jaeyun ah!" She pouts...

(Back To Present)

"I was an idiot back then..."Jaeyun smiles foolishly as he quickly changes into the shirt.

"Perfect." He looks into the mirror and grins.
__________________________________

He brought some roses which Rara loved. He also brought out a  small box from his pocket. He opened it and smiled.

 He opened it and smiled