Chapter 68 | one last stop

TW - mentions of a*use

With Maki in recovery after the closing of the case, you and L had some time to kill in Japan before taking the kids back to wammys.

And there was one last loose end to tie up.

L's birth dad. Closure about what happened that night that lead to him being born in the first place. With the roller coaster his life had been he at least wanted to put all the trauma to rest before moving on.

He was a product of an affair, born into a family that hated each other and took it out on him, abandoned, orphaned, fell for his childhood friend and became the world's greatest detective. And with the way things are going he was starting to end up a father figure to multiple children at the young age of 22.

And so you both walked down a quiet street with an address written on some paper on your hand. Finally going to see who his real father was.

"Turn left, second in the right" you said.

Taking that left you were met with a rather nice street, a school at the end of it and kids in sailor collared uniforms rushing to get into the gates before they closed. The second house on the right was clean, a little old fashioned for japans usually modern architecture, and pretty big.

"This is it?" He asked.

"Yep, that's them" you replied.

Walking up the driveway and up to the door L reached for the doorbell but hesitated.

"I'm nervous..." he said.

"You just had a gun at your head the other day and didn't flinch and yet this worries you? You'll be alright honey" you replied.

You were right. If he did that whole case with a straight face... apart from when Maki got kidnapped... he could do this. Pressing the doorbell, he could hear it sound off inside. After a few seconds, the doorknob turned an older lady opened it. The wife of L's birth dad.

Upon laying eyes on L, she almost did a double take.

"My god you do look like him huh? Come in, come in!" She said.

You stepped inside, taking off your shoes at the door and closing it behind you.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Yukio" she said.

"Thanks for having us. I'm Ryuzaki, this is my girlfriend (y/n)" L replied.

"Nice to meet you" you added.

"I must say this whole situation was quite a surprise, but he's been exited to meet you and find out what ever happened to you. This way"

Following her down the halls, she took you to the kitchen and dining area where at the table reading a newspaper sat the man himself. L's birth day. The resemblance was uncanny, he looked like an older L. Of course there were differences since L was mixed thanks to his mother's British genes, but it was an obvious family's resemblance.

"Dear they've arrived" Yukio said.

He looked up, and did the same double take his wife did. Getting up and walking over he looked L up and down, taking in the fact a son he didn't know he had was standing before him.

"I can't believe it, you really do look like me when I was younger. Looks like you've unfortunately inherited my eyebag problem huh?" He said.

"Oh those Eyebags have never left my face" L slightly laughed.

"Sit down you three, I'll make some tea" Yukio jumped in.

You did just that, all sitting around the dining table. Immediately there were questions from everyone, as everyone wanted the pieces of this puzzle put together.