Chapter 29 | shopping trip

Today you, L, the boys and Watari were going out to get the boys some more stuff. That meant a trip to the shops. To make things easier, you decided to split into groups.

Watari took Mello, L took Near and you took Matt. You split up to go into seperate shops and get everything you needed. You held the boys hand as he excitedly looked around at all the stuff in the shop.

"So, what what extra class do you want to do?" You asked.

"I'm too little to do computer stuff yet, so until I can I wanna learn to play guitar! So I'll do music" he said.

"Cool! L's really good at music, he knows piano AND violin. Maybe he can help you with the sheet music"

"Piano AND violin? Aren't they suuuupperr hard?"

"They can be"

"Wow he's really smart!"

You pulled him into the clothing section and looked down at the sizes you'd written on your hand.

"Ok, what kind of clothes do you want?" You asked.

"Stripes! And jeans... and those fuzzy socks for when it snows outside" he replied.

"Ok, better get looking"

The two of you roamed the clothing isles, picking out the stuff he wanted and needed and put them into the shopping basket. You didn't forget about the kite either, you found one and put it in the shopping basket as well. Of course he wanted to get some more toys, so you ended up in the toy isle, looking at all the balls, games and hula hoops and such.

"(Y/n)?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you and L boyfriend and girlfriend?"

You giggled, knowing the boys would figure it out eventually.

"Yep. I've known him since we were five and we've always loved each other" you explained.

"I knew it! I told Mello I was right!"

You laughed again, these boys man... already making bets over random things. He put a soccer ball in the basket and you moved onto the next isle.

"Don't go too crazy, we still need money for the arcade" you said.

"Ok, one more toy"

He looked up and down the isle, trying to decide on what to put in the basket. He ended up picking some colouring set, a book and pencils. As you began I make your way to the checkout, you went through the sporting isles to get there. But something caught Matt's eye.

"Woah! Look at those goggles!" He gasped, stopping in front of some biking goggles with orange lenses.

"Biking goggles?"

"I wanna ride motorbikes when I'm older, so I'll definitely need goggles one day"

You thought for a moment. Why not make this child's day.

"Want them?" You asked.

"I can get them?!"

"Sure"

He grabbed them and put them in the basket, hugging your waist.

"Thank you!" He smiled.

"It's nothing, I'll adjust the straps for you after we pay"

You went through the check out and sat at a bench for a moment so you could work in the goggles. You bit the tag off with your teeth and pulled at the straps until they were the right length for a five year old.