1

Black and white.

Darkness and Light.

Evil and Good.

Devil and Angel.

In this world, society was ruled by stereotypes. Females were pure, innocent and beautiful, submissive, men were brutal, strong, feelingless and dominant. Everyone wanted to appeal the society and stay unnoticed to the system. Behave, act like your role. That was the first unspoken rule in the world everyone was obeying.

Reaching your fourteenth birthday, everyone received the life changing pearls, taking the color of your sex and carving your life for good, the carved chess figures in the before blank pearls deciding your social status. Black for men, white for women. Purity and Darkness displayed on the wrists of the humans and mercilessly sorting them into different categories.

The lowest of the lowest, the least powerful were the Chess Pawns, working the least wanted jobs like cleaners, maids, land workers or waiters and basically forced to become servants to the higher Chess figures. They lived in their own area, often enough not being allowed to receive an education after 14, unless they had money which often enough wasn't the case. Therefore, being born in a Chess Pawn family would already set the future as children of Chess Pawns most commonly became the same as their parents as they didn't have enough money to change their destiny.

The Chess Pawns took up 45% of the society.

Only in rare cases, they could free themselves from the forced future and become Chess Knights, responsible for safety and security, working as guards, either in prison or as protectors, police officers or bodyguards. The Knights were the second lowest figures in power but they were respected, because they protected the society and secured the orders of the government.

The Chess Knights took up 25% of the society.

They were followed by the bishops, allowed to study and become artists, photographers, models, authors and . Only up from the Bishops, people were allowed to study in university and college, after finishing the basic education in the schools that were open for everyone. Bishops had to pay a small amount of student fees to be allowed to study, the sum depending where they lived, how much income their parents had and where they wanted to study.

The Chess Bishops are the creativity of the society and took up 15% of the society.

The Chess rooks were exvolved from this rule, ranking right after the natural rulers and taking over the spots of doctors, teachers, diplomats, professors and all the jobs lined with education. Responsible for the education and the world of medicine, they were highly respected.

These were rare, only taking up 10% of the society and forming the step figures before the elite.

The elite, formed by the Chess Kings and Queens, were the natural rulers. They were the government, the politicians, the leaders, the CEOs in any high position. They lived in mansions, ate from porcelain and lived the luxurious most of the humans could only dream of.

Naturally, the elite took up only 5% in total, the Chess Queens at 3% and the Chess Kings, the most powerful and the ones to rule everything, stayed at 2%.

Black Chess figures rightfully belonged to the men, the powerful sex. The Black Chess Queen was known as Lord, actually ranking higher than the White Chess Queens.

A system built by men, was only made to rule by men, apparently.

And inside this world, exceptions and rarities could lead to your death.

You were not allowed to lie about your status, especially not change it, because if that was revealed, you were punished by death for going against the system. The systems did not tolerate exceptions or special cases.