16

The doctor introduced himself as Hwang Hyunjin to Taehyung and the blond decided that he liked Hyunjin. Truth to be told, he already liked Hyunjin when he stood up against Jungkook and threw him out the room. Taehyung didn't know if he could have kept up with the demanding man without breaking down further.

The other nurse was a sweet male named Felix who blushed all the time when Hyunjin flirted with him. The tall doctor was always leaning towards the nurse, smiling brightly at the flustered male who tried to focus on Taehyung and his wound but his ears were still burning.

Taehyung watched the two and giggled.

The time in the hospital was relaxing because Hyunjin kept Jungkook and the others away as much as he could and when Jungkook appeared, the doctor has ordered Felix to stay close or repeatedly check up on him. Something about the hospital owner told him something dangerous would happen to Taehyung if he was left alone.

The fragile boy went through enough already and the way he was fearfully clutching the sheets whenever Jungkook was in the room was enough for Hyunjin to be worried, yet he did not dare to ask. It wasn't his business what they had but as long as it affected Taehyung's health, he had a say in it.

Still, something was very strange about the small blond who was put in the most exclusive private suite of the hospital, guards waiting in front of his door and only allowing Hyunjin, the head doctor and Felix, the head nurse inside because they have been checked.

Hyunjin knew that Jeon Jungkook was a rich, very influential man and when he has talked to him, Jungkook has introduced the shot male as his precious boyfriend. This was where it got confusing to Hyunjin because he could clearly see the love in Jungkook's eyes, yet the fear in Taehyung's.

Something was heavily wrong and it also included Taehyung's confusing health record. He was listed as a black Chess Bishop but on his birth certificate which Hyunjin has been asking for, a copy to be exact, was something crossed out. So heavily violent that Hyunjin couldn't read it anymore.

The doctor of the other hospital, he has been doing some research on the mysterious 'lover' didn't want to tell him anything about Taehyung and his Chess status. It was as if she was lying.

Everything didn't make sense to Hyunjin and he decided to take a look at Taehyung's pearls when the little male was sleeping. He knew it was wrong but he had to know the truth.

°°°

Hyunjin and Felix teamed up to go and search the truth, finding the perfect opportunity when the guards fell asleep after they changed their coffee into one without caffeine. They slipped inside the room without anyone noticing.

Taehyung was sleeping, curled up underneath lots of fluffy blankets another man has brought to him, the only one allowed entrance into the room besides Jungkook and they heard each other speaking familiarly with each other, assumed that they were friends.

The blond looked tiny and vulnerable in the bed, incredibly cute with his hands holding a little pillow to his chest. He didn't look anything like Jeon Jungkook, more innocent and pure than the man who was rumored to lead a gang instead of owning just lots of properties.

Hyunjin has seen the two together, large muscular Jeon Jungkook and the soft-looking Kim Taehyung with the pretty puppy eyes. The doctor also wondered where the boy's family was. Jungkook has told him that he didn't have any family besides him.

"He's so cute when he's sleeping", Felix cooed while Hyunjin slipped a careful hand under the pillow in order to find Taehyung's bracelet. His own coldly clinked together, the black pearls shimmering underneath the light.

"Sh Felix dear or we'll be caught", Hyunjin hissed at the nurse who flinched by the pet name but decided to stay silent. He instead held the little light closer to Hyunjin who checked Taehyung's wrist. The pearls were black, the Chess Bishop sitting on the single silver pearl, the chess figure engraved in it.

Yet that was not all.

"I know this is too easy, there has to be more", Hyunjin whispered to himself, he had to make sure he was right before making a move. Every human being in this society had the initials of their status engraved into their skin on their eighteenth birthday, it was a gene mutation the government has slowly inflicted on all of its citizen.

Two letters, one chess symbol.

Everyone had them, on Hyunjin's skin was his black Chess Rook and on Felix' skin the same, the symbol that allowed them to work as nurses and doctors.

But on Taehyung's skin where a black Chess Bishop should've been, was none.

Instead, there was another symbol that left Hyunjin breathless and flinch away.

"What's wrong?", Felix asked worried because Hyunjin looked like he has been burned.

"He's a white Chess Queen", Hyunjin said shocked and Felix gasped, equally shocked and surprised. "That's possible?", he asked but his voice has been too loud and their patient stirred awake.

When Taehyung felt his shirt moved away, revealing his chest and the symbol over his heart, he immediately covered it, getting up from his sleeping position and staring at the two hovering over his bed. Tears pooled in his eyes once he realized that his identity was revealed.

He has promised his Momma to always hide the symbol after his eighteenth birthday, he always put a bandaid over it!

"P-please, please I beg of you, please tell no one of this", he begged the two after he recognized them as the friendly nurses, letting his tears run free. "He'll kill me if he knows", he whimpered, already sobbing softly.

He was breaking apart by the mere thought of Jungkook possibly knowing about his secret.

But Felix and Hyunjin surprised him, instead of calling either Jungkook's guards or straight up the police for the government to get rid of this rarity, they shook their heads softly, Hyunjin looking incredibly sad. Saying, a young boy like him shouldn't be living with such a burden and their first interest was their patient's health.

"Plus, you're so cute, why should be want to hurt you? Your secret's safe with us, Taehyung", Felix said with a gentle smile before it turned sad as well. "My auntie's stepson has been a rarity too, he was only a White Chess Pawn but the government found him... it didn't end well and I don't want that happen to you", he whispered sadly.

Taehyung was grateful. Because they were already fond of the boy, they promised to keep quiet. So he wouldn't end up dead like many of his kind before. 

Unknown to Taehyung, Hyunjin stole himself away that night, informing someone else... none other than Taehyung's long lost brother, Kim Seokjin.

~

Hyunjin and Felix are not bad characters fyi, plus Seokjin finally makes an appearance ! Tell me your thoughts

Elaboratae