50

Back in the hospital, the roles were reversed. It was now Taehyung pacing back and forth in front of the hospital room, waiting to be allowed entrance.

Everything had happened so fast, too fast fr Taehyung to process what was truly going on. He only remembered being full of blood, the hands taking his Jungkookie away, another gentle pair of arms circling around him.

Taehyung had whimpered, asked where they were taking his Jungkookie, he was only sleeping, yes he was, he was alright, he was just going to sleep for a bit and an unfamiliar voice had answered him.

When Eunwoo had moved into his vision, Taehyung had screamed until he blacked out.

Now, he was in a hospital. The same hospital he woke up in. Where the gentle nurse Felix and the nice doctor Hyunjin had nursed him back to health.

Who turned out to be loyal spies planted into the Jeon's hospital by none other than his brother.

Seokjin had arrived in a cloud of frantic moving hands and expensive Dior perfume, now seemingly arguing with a nurse. Taehyung was seated next to his brother and Jimin who tried talking to Taehyung.

But the blond was only clutching onto the blanket someone had given him, staring into space. "He's going to be fine, he's just sleeping", he mumbled while he was rocking back and forth.

Namjoon and Jimin had tried to talk to Taehyung for over half an hour but that was the only thing the blond would say, he otherwise refused to speak.

The doctors said, he was standing under shock. Horrible things had been done to him, he had witnessed murders front row and his beloved had been injured in front of his eyes.

Of course Taehyung was going to be under shock. Still, his family was in tears upon seeing Taehyung like this. Sohee had run up to her Baby, engulfing him with her arms. But Taehyung had only rocked back and forth, barely acknowledging her.

"He's just sleeping", Taehyung whispered, stared frozen into space. Behind these doors of the emergency operation room, was his Jungkook.

The doctors said, he was fighting for his life. But Taehyung had seen Jungkook turning limb, in front of his eyes. That felt so far away now...

No, he was just sleeping. He had to. Because Taehyung didn't want to live on in a life where being with Jungkook wasn't an option.

"You get away from him as far as you can, asshole!", Seokjin's powerful voice boomed through the corridor. Namjoon looked up concerned from his task of feeding Taehyung a brownie, only to see Seokjin holding Eunwoo back from coming closer.

Namjoon immediately jumped to his feet. In his family, Namjoon was the gentle giant, always soft spoken and only clumsy. So it was a huge surprise to his family and his boyfriends when he walked over to Seokjin and Eunwoo - and punched the latter into the face.

"Holy shit", Hoseok and Jimin breathed out unison, staring with wide eyes at their boyfriend.

"This is all your fault", Namjoon seethed while shaking his hand frequently, a pained expression on his furious face. "And I want you to get out of my face before I'll do worse than punching you", he warned Eunwoo who held his jaw but nodded.

Right in this moment, Hyunjin stepped out of the operation room, exhaustion painting his handsome face. Everyone turned to them, except for Taehyung who continued rocking back and forth. Sohee noticed the distress of her son and went to kneel in front of Taehyung.

"Taehyung Sweetie, the doctor's here", she said gently, nudging Taehyung's knee, "Baby bear, he has news about Jungkook."

At the mention of Jungkook's name, Taehyung looked up, eyes glossy and unfocused.

"Jungkook, he's only sleeping, right?", he asked fearfully, eyes now searching for Hyunjin, breath hitching when he saw how exhausted the doctor looked.

But then, a tired smile formed on his face.

"Yes, he's sleeping, Taehyung-ssi. It was a tough fight, we really thought he wasn't going to make it", at that, Taehyung choked out a broken sob and Hyunjin hurried to continue, "but despite the heavy blood loss, we got him stable and secure. He's not even in a coma, which is a true wonder. He's resting and he would love a visit."

At this, Taehyung broke, bending forward as his chest was heaving with loud, uncontrollable sobs. He pressed a hand over his mouth, hiding behind his golden locks.

"He's okay...? He's alive?", Seokjin asked instead of his Baby brother who was crowded by Namjoon, Sohee and their friends. Hyunjin nodded, fond eyes on Taehyung.

"Yes, he is. It's truly a wonder."

"Taehyung-ssi", Hyunjin now called out for Taehyung, "would you like to see him?"

°°°

Darkness dominating the room, only the dim light of a lamp outside outlining the crouched figure of a petit blond sleeping on a chair next to the hospital bed, was the sight Jungkook woke up to.

He groaned, lights flashing through his mind and he quickly pressed his eyes shut, exhaling a deep breath. When he finally found himself strong enough to open his eyes again, Jungkook laid there, blinking up against the ceiling.

Turning his head, Jungkook's lips tugged into a fond smile upon seeing Taehyung curled up on the chair, left hand pressed against his face, lips pouted in his sleep.

"Tae", Jungkook called out softly but ended up coughing loudly instead. The blond jolted awake, locks tossed from his sleeping position and the sleepy puppy quickly looked around before his eyes fell on Jungkook.

"Oh my god!", Taehyung exhaled before attacking Jungkook with a big hug, stammering love confessions over and over again.

"Tae, my love, as much as I appreciate you cuddling me, I'd like some air to breathe, please", Jungkook managed to say and Taehyung quickly sprung backwards as if Jungkook had burnt him.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay? Should I call for a doctor? I can easily do that, just say the word and I-"

"Tae", Jungkook interrupted Taehyung gently, "Sweetheart, look at me." So Taehyung did, eyes blown wide, glossy and beautiful. Jungkook cupped his jaw before leaning in for a kiss.

"I thought I was going to lose you... I thought, I was to never see you again", Jungkook whispered with heavy heart, causing Taehyung to sob and smile under tears.

"You'll never lose me, Jeon, never again", Taehyung promised, leaning forward to kiss Jungkook.

"Because I'm so in love with you. These hours were I wasn't sure you were alive or not... it was so horrible. And I realized that I never want to be apart of you."

"You've been through so much because of me... but if you're willing-"

"Jeon, I'm trying to ask you to be my boyfriend here so kindly shut up."

Jungkook closed his mouth surprised but the bursted into the biggest smile, engulfing Taehyung in a bone-crushing hug that took him by surprise.

"Fuck, yes love, yes, of course I want to be officially yours!", Jungkook laughed happily, he laughed so much that his stitches started to hurt and he had to lean back in the pillows breathlessly.

Taehyung looked at his boyfriend worried and he looked so beautiful that Jungkook could only stare.

"Nothing will ever keep me away from you."

Jungkook cupped Taehyung's face once more, stroking his cheeks with his thumbs.

"You're a true miracle, Kim Taehyung", the silver-haired black Chess King exhaled. The white Chess Queen smiled shyly in return.

“I told you. You’re more than a tainted dove.”

~

Only the two epilogues are left

Elaboratae