49

Only two chapters left

°°°

The old Jeon smiled maliciously.

"Don't look so shocked, did you really think I would allow you to have a weakness without me testing whether you would be capable to protect him? To do anything for him?"

He tilted his head to the side, watching the way Jungkook shielded his lover, the fire in his eyes and the fear in the pretty blond's. To him, it didn't matter whether his son was gay or not, as long as Jungkook had a weakness he could use to control his son. But Jungkook didn't want to hurt Taehyung, showing him the last sign that he had changed.

"Now I see you love him deeply. So if you don't want him to die by the hands of my guards, you'll do as I say. Take him. And don't care for his consent."

"It wasn't your fucking decision to make!", Jungkook then exploded, still shielding Taehyung with his larger frame. He was so fucking done with his weak excuse of a father, the same man who tormented him over the entirety of his life, who made Jangmi's life miserable and who wouldn't fucking stay dead!

"And to think you could threaten me... you don't hold power over me. It died back when you should've died. I built up an empire, I'm not the pushover kid anymore you used to threaten", Jungkook seethed, now locking eyes with Eunwoo.

"And I certainly won't accept you threatening the Queen of my empire."

Eunwoo slammed his head against the nose of the man holding him down, he tumbled over with a scream when the hacker skillfully flung the man over his shoulder and onto the ground. He quickly secured the gun, shooting the rest of the guards down and pointing it to the old Jeon.

"It's over, father", Jungkook said emotionless. Taehyung broke down in pitiful sobs, finally taking up the courage to speak but it was too late.

"J-Jungkook... it was him", a tiny voice said behind Jungkook's back and the silver-haired man whipped around.

"Sweetheart, what do you--"

"Eunwoo took me", Taehyung whimpered which caused the old Jeon to burst out laughing, motioning Eunwoo to drop the gun.

"Now that the secret's out, you can drop the act, Cha", he cackled evilly, enjoying the look of confusion on his son's face. Then, the realization set in and confusion changed to pain.

"No... tell me this isn't true. Tell me you didn't betray me."

Eunwoo looked to the side guiltily, but he lowered the gun. Taehyung pressed a hand over his mouth to force his sobs to come to an halt. Their eyes locked before Eunwoo looked away.

"I'm sorry", Eunwoo whispered, not daring to look at his best friend. The one he would take a bullet for. Jungkook felt like he was ripped apart, his insides turning icy cold as he stared at the person he thought he could entirely trust.

The one he could rely on since so many years. The one who stabbed him in the back to take his lover.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!! IT WAS YOU?! YOU'RE THE FUCKING TRAITOR?!" Jungkook's rage exploded. He couldn't believe this, he trusted Eunwoo, all the damn time, entirely. But he should've known better.

In this forsaken world, there was no one he could rely on, everyone was turning their backs on each other. And for what? Power? Money? Love?

"You took Taehyung", Jungkook said lowly, fists clenched to his sides, "you took him, brought him to the person I hate the most, because of what? WHAT DID HE FUCKING PROMISE YOU FOR YOU TO GO BEHIND MY BACK AND BETRAY ME LIKE THAT?!"

"Taehyung", Eunwoo whispered, longing eyes looking at the petit blond trembling behind Jungkook. Taehyung shuddered, shaking his head. To think that it was his fault that Eunwoo went behind Jungkook's back and helped his father to find a weakness...