33

Sohee kept fussing over her returned baby, cuddling him into a warm blanket before moving Taehyung on the couch, not leaving his side. Her face had morphed into a constant frown after Jin told her where he found Taehyung and who had taken him.

"Jeon Jungkook... the son of the old Jeon? He's said to be insane", Sohee whispered, looking at her youngest and immediately hugging him back close to her chest, protectiveness bubbling up in her. The Jeons were cruel, Sohee knew what had happened to Jungkook's mother.

After all, Jeon Jangmi had been a good friend of her. Jangmi was as beautiful as her name said, a beautiful rose that caught the attention of the old Jeon. He had kidnapped her, taken her away from her family and friends and she was to never see the outside again.

Sohee had heard little rumors about Jangmi after this, heard that she was pregnant but never knew whether it was true or not. That changed when she had received an invitation to a funeral.

Jangmi's funeral. She had taken her life rather than staying with the man who tortured her, got her pregnant. That was when Sohee had first seen Jeon Jungkook, only two years younger than her precious Joonie. The boy had been crying so heartbreaking at his mother's grave until his father pulled him back and gave him a loud slap across the face.

That picture now stuck back to Sohee, shuddering by the return of this hated memory. She had actually tried to talk to the old Jeon, ask him to-- yes, Sohee had wanted to take Jungkook away from his horrible father but she was forbidden, the old Jeon threatened her and her family so she gave up.

She regretted that decision now once she heard what the young Jeon had turned into - his father. Jungkook had repeated the past, kidnapped the one he was interested in, in his case Taehyung.

"Momma... it's true he kidnapped me, but he wanted to let me go. B-before Hyung's men appeared and took me with them", Taehyung's voice sounded so tiny and unsure when he spoke up, facing his mother with big eyes.

Taehyung didn't actually know why he suddenly defended Jungkook, maybe it was because of his good heart or too trusting nature but he had seen the change in Jungkook. After begging and begging him to set him free, Jungkook had chosen another path, different from his father's.

And the little blond believed in second chances. If Jungkook was willing to approach him healthily, allow Taehyung to heal from the wrong, first approach, then Taehyung was going to make the first step and go talk to Jungkook.

Sohee sighed, hope nearly crushing her heart. Maybe the youngest of the Jeons was a little bit like his mother... but there was too much of the old Jeon in him. Jungkook had done horrible things to Taehyung, most possibly more horrible than Taehyung wanted to tell.

Her son had kept quiet most of the time, like he was somewhere else with his thoughts, staring into space too. Sohee could only fear what had been done to her son.

"Baby bear... I hate to ask this but... did he hurt you? Did he-- did he touch you?", Sohee asked and Taehyung's green eyes snapped up to her, wide and fearful. He shuffled in his seat.

"H-he hurt me a-and he t-touched me... but he didn't assault me", Taehyung whispered in a tiny voice, shuffling with his feet before looking away. He couldn't bear seeing the pity in his family's eyes. He knew what he went through.

But weirdly... he wasn't scared of Jungkook. What was wrong with him? What was happening to him? Was that Stockholm syndrome? So what he went through became more bearable? Taehyung didn't know.

"Oh, my poor baby", Sohee cooed and wrapped her arms around Taehyung. "We'll go to the police, file a restraining order--"

"No!", the loud exclaim of her eldest caused Sohee to stop abruptly in her words. The blond had broken free from his mother's hug, turning to face Seokjin surprised. The man wore a determined look on his face.