1

Small a/n, this story is written 5 months ago and I didn't post it yet. My writing style is in my opinion a bit worse here and it's rewritten to a platonic fic so some plot might not always be great, but I did my best :)

If my asthma description isn't accurate, I'm really sorry for that!

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi

Warnings:
-Mentions cheating
-Homophobia
-Heartbreak

Clay's POV

I was sitting on my bed next to my girlfriend as she was holding my hand. I smiled at her and blushed slightly. I was really in love with her and I was really glad she was my girlfriend after a few bad experiences in the past.

I noticed myself thinking a lot about my past again and sighed softly. Some people really loved to be popular and it could be fun to have people like you, but it definitely had a lot of downsides.

When I was thirteen I had my first girlfriend, but it just didn't work out between us. We were way too young to have a serious relationship and it ended on good terms. We didn't speak to each other anymore, but for as far as I knew, everything was fine between us.

When I turned fourteen, I realised I had feelings for guys too. A few months after I realised it, I fell in love with a boy who was my friend at the time. He knew I was in love with him, but he didn't return those feelings.

We started arguing more and more about it and we ended the friendship after a few more weeks. We both had other thoughts about things and even though I didn't do anything, he still felt uncomfortable because I was a boy. I wasn't out at that point either, but he insisted on me coming out as fast as possible so he didn't have to lie about me liking him which I didn't want to do yet.

When I turned fifteen I had another crush and I was really in love with him. I genuinely loved him with all my heart and gave him all my time and attention. Just as I thought he started liking me too, I figured out he was only with me for popularity.

He didn't even like boys the way I liked them I was so upset that I didn't date anyone for a really long time. He genuinely acted like he liked me too and even though we weren't together, it hurt more than any heartbreak so far.

I went so far for him that I even came out at school and to my friends to show him how much I loved him. But it all had to end quickly when I saw him texting someone where he laughed about how popular he had become and how funny it was to act like he loved me.

I honestly cried for days on end and my parents wondered why I was so sad. I never told them and slowly got over it.

Now I was seventeen, it was the first time in years that I started liking someone again. This time it was a girl and I loved her a lot too. We weren't together for too long, but I was really happy with her.

I looked up and smiled shyly, being proud of her sitting here next to me. I always loved to take care of my partners and cuddled up with her as I smiled. My girlfriend, Ivy, smiled at me and looked up.

I was so in love with her that I didn't even seem to be able to figure out my words. I just looked at her with the proudest smile on my face. We didn't even kiss yet, but I had never felt emotionally closer to someone than I felt to Ivy.

I started leaning in and tried to kiss her as I heard her phone buzz. I glanced at her phone screen which lit up and unintentionally read the message on her screen, feeling my cheeks heat up and an incredibly sad feeling overwhelm my body.

I couldn't see the name, but the message broke my heart.

"Hey babe <3 when are you coming over again? I miss you, sweetheart <3"

I looked at Ivy and scooted away from her. 'What's that?' I whispered with tears in my eyes.

Ivy's face turned red and she grabbed her phone, hiding it from me.

'Are you cheating on me?' I mumbled, feeling a tear roll down my face. It landed on my hand which was still holding hers and I quickly let go, standing up. 'Please, leave,' I muttered with a voice crack.

'You shouldn't expect people to get together with you for love!' Ivy yelled at me.

'Why not?' I whispered, feeling another tear stream down my face.

'Because it's just fun to be together with you for your popularity, not love.'

'Why?' My voice cracked again and I bit the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't burst out into tears.

'You're just annoying. You're nothing like people think you are at school.'

'Please leave,' I whispered. 'Every time I love someone, my heart gets broken again. What do I do so wrong? I would be down to give you all my attention.'

'I just like the other guy way more.'

'And then you cheat on me? You can also just break up with me. That would have hurt less. Please, leave me now.'

TW homophobia

'Just pick a side.'

'What do you mean?' I asked, having two tears drop down my face.

'With your "I'm bisexual". Just pick if you like guys or girls, it's not that hard.'

'I like both,' I muttered.

'Well, you look pretty gay to me,' Ivy said as she grabbed her bag.

I started biting the inside of my cheek again and Ivy rolled her eyes. 'You can't like both genders, I'm sure you prefer one sex and end up only liking that one.'

'I like boys a bit more than girls, but I fell in love with you and I can see myself ending up with a girl too. I also like non-binary people and-.'

'See, you have a preference. You're just gay. Don't be annoying and just pick a side.'

TW over

I didn't reply anymore and Ivy left my room. I was so incredibly sad that I laid down on my bed with tears streaming down my face. Not only did she cheat on me, she also made fun of my sexuality and it was another one who just used me for my popularity.

I couldn't stop crying as I hid myself under my sheets. I was heartbroken.

1048 words

Summary:
Ivy, Clay's ex girlfriend, cheated on Clay, tells him to just pick a side because he's bisexual and then leaves him after breaking up.