6

Warnings:
-Very short homophobia
-Asthma attack

George's POV

Today was my first school day. I stood in front of the mirror for an hour now. I tried to comb my hair perfectly, I dressed up in ten different outfits to make sure I didn't look dumb and ended up asking my mother.

She was bringing me to school like usual since I couldn't exercise without getting an asthma attack again.

'Honey, in your bag there's an emergency note. If you get an asthma attack, give it to someone so they know what to do. I'm going with you inside and I'll talk to the principal while you are in class. Then they can tell the other teachers immediately.'

I nodded. 'Thanks.'

'No problem, we are already here. It's close to our apartment, I looked for that.'

I smiled and kissed her cheek. 'Bye, mum. Thanks for being so amazing to me.'

She gave me a hug and we both stepped out. My mother went up some stairs and I shyly walked in, not daring to look up. It was hard to move schools in the middle of the year. Everyone knew each other already, but I didn't know anyone yet. How was I ever going to fit in easily when I also had this stupid disability. People would just find me weird.

I sighed and sat down on a bench with my shoulders lifted high up. I got so scared from all the people around me that I decided to stand up and go to the bathroom.

I looked around me to see where the toilets were and found one in the distance. I walked to it and went inside, seeing two boys in here. One of them had blonde hair and he had his head bowed forwards. The other had dark brown hair and was even taller than the blonde boy.

Warning homophobia (one sentence)

'You're just dumb, just pick a side. Why aren't you at the girl's toilet? Do you need to pick a side between that too?'

Warning over

The blonde boy got pushed and then the other turned around. He walked off and the blonde boy looked at me shortly with a really sad look in his eyes. I tried to start a conversation, but I didn't know what to say so I looked in the mirror as the boy next to me started rubbing his eyes. It seemed like he was crying and he grabbed his bag, walking off as fast as possible.

I didn't really understand what they meant, but I also didn't know anyone. He could have been neutral in an argument that I didn't know of.

I quickly fixed my hair and sat down on a bench outside, being confused why I saw the blonde boy sitting in a really big group of people. He wasn't saying much, but just stared in front of him as the others were talking.

His shoulder was tapped by someone with brownish hair and the blonde boy lifted his head slowly. I saw the boy with the brown hair say something and the blonde one nodded slowly.

I decided to look away since I didn't want them to see me stare and started playing with my hands as I felt a tight feeling in my chest getting worse.

I looked up and grabbed my inhaler, suddenly seeing the blonde boy look at me. I tried to hide my inhaler, but he faintly smiled. I quickly took a puff and laid it down as panic filled my whole body.

Warning asthma attack

My chest kept getting tighter and I pressed my back against the wall as it felt like someone was squeezing my throat shut. Within seconds my chest got so tight that I started coughing and wheezing again, taking another puff with my shaky hands.

I couldn't calm down anymore and started coughing so loudly that I saw a few people in the big group look up at me. The blonde boy stood up with a frown and walked closer to me while I started wheezing more and pointed at my throat.

He looked really helpless and I showed my inhaler while coughing loudly.

'BAD,' the blonde boy yelled. 'Where are you?'

'Here? What's wrong?'

'I think he's having an asthma attack. I don't know anything about asthma, but you have it, right?'

The boy, apparently Bad, nodded and jumped up to run to me. He sat next to me and grabbed my hand.

'Calm down, take another puff. Do your puffs usually help in an asthma attack?'

I shook my head and squeezed Bad's hand since it felt like I was choking. I coughed again and started pushing myself up since I didn't have air at all.

'Call an ambulance, Clay. Right now,' Bad yelled at the blonde boy.

He nodded and grabbed his phone, dialling the emergency number. Bad gave me another puff and the boy started calling.

'You're speaking with Clay, I need an ambulance right now. I'm here with someone who is having a very bad asthma attack.'

Clay listened for a bit and then looked at me. 'Do the puffs work?'

I shook my head and started coughing more and more, feeling extremely dizzy. I squeezed Bad's hand really tight, but he didn't care. I was going to die, I was sure.

Bad gave me another puff, but nothing worked. I coughed more and more, had my eyes roll away and Bad grabbed my other hand too. 'The ambulance is coming, okay? It's going to be okay.'

Clay was still on the phone and he looked at me. 'Are you dizzy? And yes, his lips are blue.'

I nodded slowly and looked at Bad with a terrified look in my eyes.

'It's okay, you're going to be okay. Keep taking puffs,' Bad said as he held the inhaler in front of me again.

I barely could breathe anymore and it felt like a band was really tightly wrapped around my chest and throat. If the ambulance wouldn't come in a minute, I would surely die.

I waited for minutes while coughing, wheezing, hyperventilating and almost passing out. Bad and Clay stayed with me the whole time, but Clay had no idea what to do. He just stood there hopelessly while Bad tried to help me.

Luckily I managed to not pass out before the ambulance came and they managed to solve my asthma attack with strong medication and extra oxide. I didn't want to be a burden to my parents, so I went back to school while I was absolutely exhausted.

1094 words

Summary:
George has asthma attack at school and Clay and Bad (Bad has asthma, but less severe) help him.