17

Warnings:
-Gay panic.

George's POV

I stayed in the hospital for the rest of that day and early in the morning I got brought home. Clay had to leave when the evening fell, but my mother slept in the hospital so I felt safe.

I was barely able to walk, but managed to get to the car. In the car I immediately fell asleep again and my dad had to lift me up the stairs to lay me down in my bed.

I slept all day and before I knew it was five pm. I was still exhausted which wasn't too weird after I hadn't had any oxygen in minutes, needed CPR and intubation after having the worst asthma attack I ever had. I was sure I wasn't going to recover quickly from this and was planning on staying at home for a long while.

Even my dad understood that and he hadn't screamed all day either since I was so tired that I needed sleep.

I grabbed my phone to check my messages and saw I got texts from loads of random numbers who wished me to get well soon. I smiled at all of them, but Clay's text made me giggle softly.

Clay
I miss you at school and I'm so glad I could save your life. Do you want me to come to your place after school? I understand if not, but I just want to be with you. We don't have to do anything. Anyway, I love you <3

I smiled brightly and started typing. It took me five minutes to type out a short message since my brain didn't seem to work with me.

You
Thank you, you can come over if you want. I'm in bed though and I won't say much

He was online straight away and started typing.

Clay
That's no problem at all, I just want to be with you <3

You
Okay <3

I laid my phone back down because the light was hurting my eyes and softly stamped my heel on the ground so my mother would hear me. She immediately ran upstairs to my room and walked in.

'What's wrong, honey?'

'C-Clay-.' I stopped to take a deep breath and continued. 'Is c-coming h-here.'

I was exhausted after that one sentence and curled up. 'Okay, sweetie. Do you need a puff?'

I nodded softly and my mother grabbed my inhaler to give me a puff. It didn't work amazingly, but it was still a bit relaxing.

My mother left my door open when she left so she would immediately hear me when I needed her and then went downstairs so she could open the door for Clay.

I just laid with my eyes closed, I felt incredibly sick and sad. I wanted this to stop, but I didn't have much hope left. I was afraid asthma was going to be the death of me.

Everyone knew that my health was decreasing a lot. A year ago I had an asthma attack once in a few weeks which often got solved with medication and now I had them multiple times a week. I was almost in the hospital more than I was at home.

I closed my eyes again and heard the doorbell ring. My mother walked down the stairs and opened the door for Clay. I heard them talking, but couldn't make out their words since it was far down.

I heard footsteps go up to our living room and heard them talking now.

'He's in his bed, he's actually exhausted and one sentence takes him a minute to say so try to be calm.'

'I will, of course,' Clay replied. 'I hope he'll like this.'

'I'm sure he will,' my mother replied.

I was curious what he was talking about and a few seconds later Clay walked up the stairs.

'H-here,' I whispered in the hope he would find me. He heard me and walked to my door with a smile on his face.

'Hi!' he said, closing the door behind him. He was holding a big basket and put it down. 'Everyone got something for you. They wrote some letters, gave some food and more. Once you're feeling a bit better, you could look through it.'

'T-thank y-you,' I said, hitching a breath after.

'Can I sit down next to you?' Clay asked.

I nodded and he sat down, but I pulled him down so he was laying down next to me. Since I had a small bed, I pulled him really close to me and rested my head on his chest.

I giggled softly when I heard his heart beat fast and I looked up to him having a smile on his face.

'Don't you dare laugh at me,' he giggled. 'I can't help it.'

'You l-like c-close to me?' I asked with a smile.

'I love cuddles a lot. I'm not going to hit on you. I hope this isn't awkward for you that I'm bisexual and such. A lot of people would be annoyed and scared that I'd hit on them...'

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his waist. His heart beat only went faster since he was nervous that I'd find him weird and I giggled softly as I held my hand on his chest.

'This is going to be the death of me,' Clay said with a soft but nervous giggle. 'Why are you doing this to me? You know it makes me nervous.'

I found it funny and decided to lift myself up and press a kiss on his jaw. His eyes widened and he breathed quickly.

'No, too far,' he said while giggling. 'Don't bully me like this, because I'm going to pass away.'

It caused me to giggle even louder and I looked up, seeing his cheek being the closest to me. I pressed a few short and soft kisses on it and Clay breathed out, holding his breath after.

'Yeah, this is it,' he said. 'Guess I'm passing out.'

I couldn't stop giggling and his heart beat went so incredibly fast that I laughed even louder.

'You're the worst,' Clay giggled. 'You're killing me. I'm not in love, but this makes me flustered.'

I smiled brightly and rested my head back on his chest to cuddle.

1057 words