33

Warnings:
-Mentions self harm
-Asthma attack
-Throwing up

Clay's POV

I went to school the day after, but right after that I ran to George's place. I was really excited to see him again since he wasn't at school today. He had been trying to go back once a week, but he was so weak that that was already too much.

I entered his house after a while and his parents were sitting on the couch. They smiled at me and his dad stood up. 'Clay, can I ask you something?'

'Yes, of course.'

'George's mother is looking for a job and since you're his friend, I was wondering if George would be able to spend time at your place because he can't be alone.'

I nodded. 'My parents work a lot, but me and my sister are almost always at home after school to take care of my brother. He can also go to Sapnap, my other friend. His dad works less often so if no one is at home at my place, he can maybe go there.'

'Thank you, Clay,' his dad said with a smile. 'I'm happy you're my son's friend.'

I smiled back at him and turned to the door. 'I figure he's sleeping?'

'Yeah, he might be awake by now. He slept all day.'

I nodded and walked to the stairs to go up to his room. I knocked on his door, but he didn't answer so I opened it. He was still asleep and I just crawled next to him in bed, hugging him against my body.

As a surprise for George, his parents had already called the hospital that did the surgery for asthma. His birthday was in a month or so and they wanted to plan an appointment as soon as possible since George was this sick. We were already looking for medication since the surgery wouldn't "fix" his asthma. He still needed medication next to that.

George started waking up and I ruffled his hair up. 'Hi, Georgie,' I whispered with a smile on my face.

'Clay,' he mumbled with a happy face.

'How are you feeling?'

George looked sad. 'Not very well.'

'Come here, stay close to me. You don't have to be scared because I'm here with you.'

George smiled and rested his head on my chest, looking at me wearing a hoodie.

'Did you cut yourself again?'

I looked at my hands and sighed. 'I did.'

'When was the last time?'

'Yesterday, I made a very small cut this morning, but laid it down again. Sapnap told me that it hurts him to see me like this and I want to stop, but it has become an addiction.'

'I believe you can do it,' George muttered, hitching a breath after that.

I grabbed his inhaler and held it in front of me. He took a puff after it but shook his head.

'Attack,' he whispered, as he started to breath faster.

Warning asthma attack

I knew I had to stay really calm so I softly stamped my feet on the ground and sat up with George. I held him tightly as he began to wheeze and hyperventilate.

I constantly gave him puffs, but we knew this didn't work at all. His mother came upstairs a bit later and was already holding her phone for if it got worse.

'Do you think it's going to pass by with your puffs?' she asked George, who was squeezing my hand very tightly.

He shook his head and his mother walked off to call an ambulance again. George started breathing faster, it sounded wheezy and shaky.

'Calm down, I'm with you,' I said as I kissed his hair and ran my hand through it after that. 'Calm down.'

He started coughing uncontrollably and his mother came back with a bucket.

'He throws up a lot lately because he coughs so loudly. He also sometimes coughs up blood.'

I nodded and held him tightly as he started kicking his legs again to get more air. He started squeezing my hands tighter and tighter and coughed loudly, hanging above the bucket on his lap.

I saw tears streaming down his face and I pulled him on my lap, wrapping my arms around his waist. I kissed his hair again and constantly talked to him next to giving him his puffs.

'It's okay, George. I'm with you, the ambulance is coming. I love you.'

George couldn't answer obviously, but he squeezed my hand tighter when I told him that I loved him. I rubbed his hand softly as he started crying softly.

Warning throwing up

He was coughing so loudly that he gagged and I wiped his hair out of his face for if he would throw up. He did indeed throw up a minute after that and I saw his lip shaking because he tried not to cry.

Warning over

'It's okay, George. I'm with you.'

He shook his head and closed his eyes, but I immediately shook him awake. 'Don't close your eyes. Keep fighting, okay? Please, keep fighting.'

He nodded slowly and sat up again. He couldn't stop coughing anymore and I rubbed his back softly.

'I love you, George. I know you feel really bad right now, but I'm here with you. The ambulance is almost here.'

The ambulance arrived a few minutes later and I was allowed to come into the ambulance with George. He had an oxygen mask and got medication as he held my hand tightly.

Warning asthma attack (most) over

I kissed his hand softly and smiled. 'You're so beautiful, I'm so happy that you're my friend. I know you're really sick right now, but I can't wait for you to get the right treatment. I love you.'

George smiled and pulled me closer for a hug. I hugged him tightly. 'I'll never get sick of you, I'd always want to be with you.'

He smiled and we went to the hospital. His asthma attack was treated with a lot of medication and then he went home again. He fell asleep after I cuddled up with me.

'I love you so much,' I said as he dozed off to sleep.

He opened his eyes shortly and smiled. 'I love you too,' he whispered with a soft and hoarse voice.

1067 words

Summary:
George has bad asthma attack. This is shocking news