35 (The End)

Warnings:
-Just mentions of what happened

Clay's POV

6 months later...

I was cycling to George's place on Saturday to spend the weekend with him. He was doing really good and so was I.

George had two other surgeries. Firstly his asthma got ten times worse than before and stayed in the hospital for a week. I was with him every day and then we just cuddled in his bed while he slept. I was with him during every asthma attack, but luckily he was in the hospital so they could immediately help him.

When he was doing a bit better, he went to my place to stay a while so his parents could work fulltime to get more money to move to a bigger house.

I didn't dislike being with him at all and we just hugged a lot. My sister often teased us when she walked in while we hugged, she always laughed at me and told me we needed to date as a joke. Sapnap also walked in a few times, but he just joined our hugs instead.

I had been doing good too. I struggled for months with self harm. I was really trying, but still wanted the feeling I got from it. It caused me to relapse multiple times but when I walked in on George crying because of it, I finally realised what I was doing.

After I fully chose to stop, I only relapsed one more time and I was clean for two and a half months now. I sometimes had the urge to, but then I talked to George or Sapnap and sat with them until I was feeling safe enough again.

My scars were slowly fading, but I wasn't ashamed of the scars I still had left. They were there for a reason and I could only accept them to be a part of me now.

I was still popular at school, but most of the bullying stopped. I accepted myself and ignored the bullies so they stopped talking to me. I wasn't a fun target anymore since I was confident about my sexuality. I was bisexual, I wasn't gay nor straight. I was bi.

Going with Bad to the group of people really helped. I met a few people, Niki and Puffy, who were best friends and both bisexual. I met a few gay people and way more others.

It made me realise I was definitely not the only one who had feelings for boys and girls. I was valid and I felt valid too. I hung up my bisexual flag when I knew for sure my parents actually supported me.

George did well. His parents worked a lot and got a good amount of money which caused them to be looking for houses again. They saw a house and were probably going to buy it soon. It was closer to me so I was definitely not against the idea.

George's father said sorry to George for everything he had said and all the arguments he had caused. He went to the doctor and was diagnosed with depression and a burnout. When he saw his son getting better and his wife help with getting money, he started recovering slowly.

George also redid his school year. He had skipped too much of it, but started very well. His grades were good while I had a gap year to fix all my problems and emotions first.

I entered George's house and greeted his parents, immediately going upstairs to his room. He was laying on his bed and rubbed his eyes, smiling shortly.

'Aww, did you just wake up?' I asked as I laid down on his bed next to him.

He giggled softly. 'Maybe.'

I smiled and looked at his clock. 'It's only ten, it's fine.'

George smiled shyly. 'Do you want me to make you some breakfast?' I asked him with a soft smile on my face.

'Do you want to?'

I nodded. 'I'll prepare you some cereal so you can lay down for a bit.'

I ran downstairs and prepared cereal for George. His dad walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

'How are you doing?'

I smiled. 'I'm alright, thank you. And you?'

'I'm doing way better. George told us how proud he was of you being two and a half months clean.'

I blushed and looked down. 'I'm glad he's proud of me.'

'I'm proud too,' his dad said with a smile. 'You've been doing really well.'

'Thank you,' I said with a soft giggle. I talked with him shortly and walked back upstairs with George's breakfast.

He was sitting up now and sighed softly.

'Are you breathless?' I asked as I put his bowl down.

'A little bit,' he said. 'Not too bad though, just the usual.'

I nodded and grabbed his inhaler. The surgeries wouldn't cure his asthma, only make him have way less symptoms. Next to the surgeries, he also got medication that worked really well. It worked when he was short of breath and most of the time even when he had an asthma attack. Luckily he had those very little, only once in a few weeks which was extreme progress with how it used to be.

George took a puff and sat back for a few minutes. He smiled and hugged me after that. 'I'm okay again.'

'I'm glad,' I said as I kissed his cheek. He ate his cereal and thanked me for making it. I stood up to grab him some water too and then we cuddled up. We held each other as gently as we could and when George broke it, he looked at me with love in his eyes.

'I love you so much. You've saved my life and I don't think you realise it. You gave me a new chance to live my life like a normal eighteen year old boy.'

'I'd do it all over,' I smiled. 'That's because I love you and Sap more than I've ever loved anyone.'

'You gave me a new chance to live,' he whispered, hugging me tightly after smiling.

1018 words