2.6

Delaney's POV

3 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS - 1981
October
The End

After the big, bad man was gone, I bounded out of the wardrobe and made my way over to Harry. He remained crying in his crib. I cast a glance at our mothers unmoving body, leaning down to shake her. "Mummy, wake up. Please, come one!" I shook her once more, letting out a cry when she didn't respond. "Mummy!" I sat there for a few moments, crying over my mothers body. I broke out of the trance as Harry cried harder, turning away from Lily and facing Harry. "It's okay, Harry. Everything is going to be okay." I tried to comfort him, climbing into the crib and pulling my brother into a hug. We sat there, just crying and I tried my hardest to keep Harry from looking at our dead mother.

"It's okay, Harry. Someone will find us. Someone will find us." I rocked us back and forth, trying to calm him down as much as possible while we waited. We must have dozed off because the sound of my fathers bike woke me up when it landed in the front yard. I sat up in Harry's crib, glancing back at him to check he was still asleep. I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep for but as I climbed back out and stepped around my mum's body, I stood in the doorway of the room. I could hear voices from outside the house, the conversation sounded like an argument but soon enough I could hear them making their way through the house.

"Oh god." The voice that spoke up sounded familiar and it took me a few seconds to work out who it was. I thought it was my dad who had flown the bike here, but that wasn't his voice. "Uncle Remus?" I called out, rushing out into the hallway, being careful of the broken glass that was thrown over the floor. "Delaney?" He replied and quickened his steps and met me halfway in the hallway. He let out a sigh of relief and pulled me into his arms, lifting me up and holding me tight to his chest. The other man, a big, burly half giant made his way into Harry's room and scooped him up, wrapping a blanket around him. "Who are you?" I asked as Remus followed him out of the house, still carrying me in his arms. He tried to keep me from seeing James' dead body, but I couldn't help but look. Emotions overwhelmed me once again so I quickly turned away. The half giant looked at me. "I'm Hagrid, Delaney. Yes, I know you. Just as I know your family. I'm from Hogwarts." He explained and I nodded, not really feeling like talking.

We entered the front yard and I took notice of Dad's flying bike. "Is Dad here?" I looked up at Remus, hopeful. He shared a glance with Hagrid and turned back to me, frowning. My eyebrows furrowed and he placed me back down on my feet. Hagrid wandered over to the bike, settling himself and Harry in. Remus looked at me. "Uh- no, princess. Dad isn't here... He's going away for a while, okay?" Remus explained, leaving me confused. I looked over my shoulder at Hagrid but he just shrugged, clearly not wanting to say anything. Keeping a frown on my face, I looked back at Uncle Remus. He sighed and bowed his head, taking a deep breath in. "Your dad... He's been taken, arrested and put in Azkaban." He said and I looked at him in shock. What? Azkaban? "You have to come live with me. Harry is going to stay with his muggle family, with Lily's sister." I looked back at Harry, who was nestled in Hagrid's arms and started to protest, saying that Harry should stay with us and that he shouldn't go to his muggle family. He needed to be with us, he had to stay with us, with me. Remus shook his head and pulled me into a hug again, trying to calm me down. "Laney, I've known you for almost 4 years, I've been instructed to care for you. I would care for you no matter what."

We said goodbye to Harry, tears springing into my eyes once again, feeling heartbroken over having my family killed or taken away from me. "Come on, princess. I don't know the first thing about raising a 4 year old, but I'll learn." Remus offered to carry me, noting how tired I was. As we started the journey to his home, I fell asleep, dreaming that my family was back together and nothing bad had happened.