Chapter Twenty-seven

§§Pamela.

I stretched on my bed. The familiar feeling of waking up in my own home engulfed me. I looked to my side where an adorable Ollie slept, he had his paws up in the air.

The memories of last night came back to me and I could feel the sudden dampness in-between my legs. Kyle's words stuck to my brain.

I got out of bed. I didn't want to dwell or daydream about him, not that we had done anything last night. As a matter of fact, I thanked Nile's dead mom for bringing her son into the room just in time, before things could get out of hand. I was more than ready to have him deep in me. But again, I had pride, I was still mad at him.

Or was I?

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. The warm drops of water acted as pills to my body. I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall, imagining how it would feel like having his hands all over me again. Having to share the shower with him.

It felt good in my head, but I knew it could never happen for real no matter how many times I wanted it to. I wanted a man that would love me back and not only want my body for his enjoyment.

I stepped out the bathroom to find a sad Ollie. He had a toy that belonged to Rhemy.

"Hey boy."

He put his paw in my hand. I lifted him off the ground and carried him to the bed." We could go see Witty if you want." I said as I searched through my wardrobe.

He barked and it wasn't the type that said 'yes hooman let us go.' It was the type that said 'take me there and I will commit a murder.'

I chuckled to myself. "You are still mad at her."

He made a funny sound. "Well at least food helps to solve everything."

We made our way to the kitchen. I served him his favourite snacks and he munched his way through his food as he welled about his long-lost love Witty and the heartache she had caused him.

I walked over to the sink and got myself a glass of water. I checked my phone. I had over a thousand missed calls, and that was not me figuratively speaking. They were a thousand missed calls and voice messages. I sat on the bar stool and ran my eyes along the screen. A message caught my attention.

Private number.

I am not sure if you are up yet, but I hope you had a great night. You deserve a day off, after all the ordeal I put you through.

Kyle.

Wasn't he just sweet giving me a day off like a good boss.

Good morning sir, and no I will not be tempted to miss a day when you are around.

It didn't take him longer than five minutes to reply.

Ah, a woman that knows me well. I expect you at the office in two hours. You still haven't answered my question.

I looked at the wall clock. Two hours meant I would be later than usual, but I guess he already knew that. I bit on my lip, I felt like a teen texting her secret crush.

A clash came from outside and I thought of grandma's gnome. Was it broken yet? Ollie and I made our way to the back.

"Lilly." I picked up the fallen cat and walked over to the neighbour's. Ollie was trying to sniff the light out of the cat. The door swung open to reveal a red teared young girl. She was clenching a box of tissues to her chest. Once her eyes landed on Lilly, a huge smile formed on her lips.

"You saved her, you saved her thank you. Mom Lilly is back, mom." She ran towards a confused looking woman.

"Was Lilly missing?" The woman asked as sleep clouded her eyes.