BONUS CHAPTER 2

BAD CUPID

Created By; Snow Marisvega

BONUS CHAPTER.

I sat on my bed in silence, staring at nothing as I zoned out to the memories I had created with Bruce. I couldn't still bring myself to fully accept that he was gone, dead, and I wouldn't see him anymore. He wouldn't be there for graduation, he wouldn't have the privilege to get out of town like the rest of us. He was really gone.

I wish I could have saved him.

I slapped myself.

Not even the steady stream of salty water dropping from my eyes would be able to bring him back from the dead. But I was mad, mad at myself for somehow not being able to see the signs. For being so tired that night and not hearing the worry in his voice when he called me. I was so mad at him too, for not coming to me.

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't and so I just cried. My chest hurt a lot, it felt like my heart had been ripped out. It hurt. The tears wouldn't stop, and I kept pounding at my chest as the tears fell.

He had done a lot of horrible things to people, yes. I was not going to disregard that, but he tried to be better, and that is what matters, him wanting to make things right, but they never gave him the chance.

My phone suddenly began to vibrate on my bed, I looked at it to see i had a call, it was an unknown caller. I ignored it, but it wouldn't stop, so I ended it, not wanting to speak to anyone. I just needed to be alone, and try to make sense of it all. But then it started vibrating again and again, in the same rhythm. I hung up. But whoever it was kept calling, and now I was furious.

I picked up my phone, answered and brought it close to my ear. "What?!"

"Hisssss. Temper. Temper. Don't pass your anger to me."

I froze once I heard the very familiar, narcissistic, psychopathic voice. "Johnathan?"

"Missed me?" He snickered.

"What do you want?" I asked. "I do not have the time for your shit."

"Oh, really? I was thinking you may need my help or something."

I scoffed. "What could I possibly need your help for, you are someone no one wants to be around or have something to do with, including me."

"Ouch. Now, that hurt me. But, someone wants something to do with me." He giggled. "Your detective."

"Where is he?"

"Ambrose is out, so I'm home, calling with a burner phone, so you can't exactly track this number if you're thinking of it." He said and I swallowed.

"Where are you?"

"I can't exactly say, but I'm sure you know a couple of places we've been at."

I did. Sometimes on the news, they would talk about how they almost caught the once upon a time good Detective Fisher and the psychopath who was Johnathan Smith. They had been to California, Nevada, and some other shitty towns. How have they not been caught? Well, Ambrose Fisher was one of the best detectives, so he knows how they would think and what they would do. The other detectives were too stupid to know that he was way smarter and they should do things differently, but oh well, I'm just 18, so what do I know.