I. Julianna

THE SUN SHONE through the halfway opened sage green curtains of Julianna's room

THE SUN SHONE through the halfway opened sage green curtains of Julianna's room. The trees outside standing tall, the leaves blowing occasionally due to the light wind.

She slowly sat up in her bed, rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes.

She rose from her bed and headed to her bay window, pulling the curtains open and exposing the outdoor sunlight which made her shut her eyes and look away for a second.

She stared out of the window for a while, admiring the way the trees swayed outside.

Julianna enjoyed the outdoors a lot. She loved to go outside and just walk around or to go star-watching in her backyard at night with her older sister. And her most favorite thing to do was going into the woods to look for pretty flowers to collect. She would collect them and then later put them in her scrapbook.

She'd love to spent hours of the day outside as she was occupied with the sweet sounds of nature. She'd like to lay in the grass, close her eyes and imagine herself elsewhere, like a beach or in a meadow full of grown flowers.

Juliana shook her head, disrupting her thoughts and continued to get ready for another day at school. She ended up wearing a white shirt with colorful flowers on it, light blue jeans and a purple cardigan to compliment the purple in her shirt. She put her red hair into a ponytail, not minding the few strands of hair that loosely hung.

She grabbed her walkman off of her desk and then the backpack that hung by one strap off the desk chair. Taking a glance at herself in the mirror, she headed downstairs to see her older sister Nora, who was already awake and dressed.

"Hey Jules," The older girl greeted, taking a water bottle out of the refrigerator at the same time. "Hi." She responded shortly, a yawn escaping her lips as she took an apple out of the fruit bowl, taking a bite out of it.

Julie didn't speak much, it's been like that for a long time. At first, it made Nora sad but as time passed, Julie started to communicate with her older sister more and more. Nora took what she could get, not wanting to push Julianna.

"How'd you sleep?" Nora asked, as Julianna looked at her with her different colored eyes, one hazel and one green. She shrugged, "Good."

Nora knew that Julianna dreaded having to go to school because she had no one to talk with during school hours. She had silently watched the kids at her school and saw that they were loud, judging and mean. She did not want any friends who were like that so she has always kept to herself, no matter how many times Nora had tried to set her up on playdates.

The children at Julianna's school would always give her looks when she walked in the halls, not weird ones, but fascinated ones. They were intrigued by her red, curly hair and her heterochromic eyes because they've have never seen someone like this before. But Julie was oblivious and didn't know this, only thinking they were making fun of her.