IV. Mall

SITTING AT HER desk in a state of nervous tension, Nora finished writing on one page and when she was done with that, picked up another and continued writing

Her hand ached as she huffed, using her free hand to push the hair from her face out of the way.

Daniel stood up from the couch, walking over the Nora's desk. "Nora, you've been at it for like 8 hours. You're overworking yourself" He told her as she kept writing.

She shook her head, "I can't allow myself to get behind, Daniel. This is important, I can't--"

"--Let your grandmother down" Daniel finished, hearing that sentence thousands of times by now. "I know. But you deserve a break every once in awhile. Plus this work isn't due for another two weeks" He explained as he slowly took the pen from her hand, forcing her to stop writing and give her hands a break.

She exhaled, realizing that Daniel was right, turning in her chair to face him. Daniel grabbed her hands, pulling her up from her chair, "Should I go call Rosie?" She asked, remembering that it had been a while since the last time they talked.

"Yeah, after" Daniel answered, Nora raised her brows, "After what?"

"After I take you out, you've been glued that seat for days" He replied before giving a peck to her lips, letting go of her hands and heading towards the door. "Hurry, I'll be waiting in the car" He said lastly, leaving out the door.

---

THE BUS CAME TO a stop as the people were quick to stand up and get off. Eleven, Rosie and Max all got off the bus too as Eleven stared up at the tall building in front of them, a worried look plastered on her face.

The girl looked around at the many people walking in and out of the mall, "What's wrong, El?" Roseanne asked aloud. She turned, "Too many people. Against the rules."

Max rolled her eyes, "Seriously? You have superpowers. What's the worse that could happen?" She giggled as Eleven nodded her head since Max had a point.

The scared look on her face was replaced with a smile as Max pulled the two girls into the mall.

---

When they made it to the fountains, Max let go of their hands. Eleven, who looked around the place in amazement, was shocked. Of course, the girl had never been to a mall before and all she could feel was excitement.

Max chuckled at the astonished expression of Eleven, "You've never been to a mall, have you?"

Eleven replied by shaking her head no. Max grinned widely, "Well I guess that means we have to try everything! Ooh! Come on!" She spotted a store as she pulled the two sisters along with her.

The three girls entered a store called The Gap, missing the four familiar boys they passed.

Mike, Lucas, Will and Ashton were also at the mall. It was Lucas's idea to come as a solution to help his friend. "I just--I don't understand what we're looking for" Mike huffed, clearly not wanting to be here.