IX. New Plan

NORA GLANCED OUT OF the window to see rain still falling from the sky

NORA GLANCED OUT OF the window to see rain still falling from the sky. It had been raining ever since Julie came home crying yesterday and it hasn't stopped since then. She had told Nora everything, making sure to leave out the Demogorgan part and after that, she locked herself up in her room and declined on coming out.

It was morning and the oldest sister was getting ready for school but she decided to make Julie a fruit bowl. Since Julie loved fruit, Nora thought that it would cheer her younger sister up. As she made her way to her room with the bowl in her hand, she softly knocked on the door twice before entering.

Julianna was sitting at her bay window, in her pajamas, looking out the window and watching the rain make the leaves on trees flop. "Jules, I brought you something." Nora stepped closer to her sister as she only kept her eyes on the window. Nora sighed and sat next to her, sitting the bowl of fruit on her sister's lap.

Julianna's eyes left the window for a quick second to glance at Nora, who offered a sad smile.

The younger girl looked down at the bowl in her lap, noticing the variety of berries in the bowl. She took a strawberry, biting down on it, "I thought we didn't have anymore raspberries?" Julie questioned, narrowing her eyes at her sister as Nora shrugged, "We didn't, but I ran to the store to get some for you."

Julianna slightly smiled as Nora noticed the rain outside begin to slow down.

Nora remembered that she had to get going soon to meet up with Nancy before school started.
Nancy had called her that morning, asking her to meet her at her house  after Nora and Nancy got in a arguement yesterday.

Nora stood up with a huff as Julianna narrowed her eyes at her sister, "What is it?" Nora waved her hand dismissively. "I just remembered that I have to go now so that I could get notes from Nancy for a test today." She lied smoothly as the younger sister nodded.

"So, how about I ditch my shift and stop at the store to grab a film that you like and we could watch it when I could back." Julianna nearly gasped out loud at Nora's proposal, "Watch a movie? Like a action movie?" Her older sister nodded, her brows slightly raised, "I thought you didn't like action movies because you said the characters die in unrealistic ways."

"That's true but I'm willing to make the exception just this once." Julie smiled widely but shook her head, "Thank you but you're supposed to get your paycheck today after your shift, I don't want you to lose that. It's okay." She assured her sister before Nora nodded.

"Alright then, if you change your mind call me but right now I have to go." Before Nora could exit, she turned back to her sister with a small smile, "I know yesterday was a little hard for you so I'm giving you permission just this once to miss school." Julie smiled back for a second before nodding once. Nora said her goodbyes and closed the door.

"Julie? Julie, are you there?"

The voice came from inside of her nightstand dresser but she decided to ignore it, knowing who it was, and sat on her bed with her reading book.