V. Things Changed

THE NEXT DAY HAD came

THE NEXT DAY HAD came. The weather outside today was weird, dark, windy and gloomy. It was opposite from all the other hot and groggy days of summer.

Roseanne sat in her bay window, staring outside deep in thought. She spent all night tossing and turning about what happened at the mall, and even now, it was still on her mind.

She was supposed to have a sleepover with Eleven and Max but she told them to go on without her, just wanting to be alone during that time.

Though she had declined hanging out with El and Max, staying at home made her bored out of her mind. Her mom left that morning to her weekly yoga session at the mall with Mrs. Hensley, Ashton's mom.

Attempting to find something to do, Roseanne walked over to her desk, pulling out multiple drawers and digging through them.

She paused when she stumbled on her flower scrapbook, which was underneath a bunch of other junk, clearly showing that she hadn't touched it in a while.

She retrieved the book from the drawer and began flipping through the pages, laughing at how sloppy her handwriting used to be. Going through the book made her remember how she started her passion for flowers.

Subcontiously,  her hand came up to touch the locket around her neck.

Then, she got an idea. She grabbed her camera from another drawer and hung the strap around her neck. Standing up from her crouching position, she left her bedroom, heading out to the garage.

It's been a long while since she's done this and she needed this now more than ever since it used to help her calm down.

She dropped the camera in the basket of her bike as she set out on her short trip.

---

"DO YOU GUYS hear that?" Will asked as he sat at the d&d table, dressing in a wizard costume, "It sounds like thunder."

"It is thu--" Ashton began to say but Will spoke up loudly, "But wait! It is not thunder!"

Will had set up a d&d campaign when Lucas, Mike and Ashton were asleep and now they were all sat around the table, clearly uninterested.

"Its...a horde of juju zombies! Sir Mike, your action!" Will slammed a bunch of small figures onto the table as Mike slouched in his chair. He looked at Lucas, "What should I do?"

Lucas shrugged with a pencil tangled in his fingers, "Attack" He answered with a dull expression. "Okay, I attack with my flall" Mike said as he rolled the dice.

"Woosh! You miss. your flall clanks the stone, the zombie horde lumber towards you, andddd---" He paused to roll the dice in his hand, dropping it on the table.

"The juju bites your arm. Flesh tears! Ahhhh! Seven points of damage" He shouts, enthusiasmly.

Mike clutches his arm, "Ohhh no, my arm. Guys look, my arm" Mike sarcastically says. Lucas and Ashton snickered at Mike's antics but the smile on Will's face fades.