VII. Gone

EARLIER THE SAME DAY

UNKNOWING TO THE rest of the party, except Mike, Julie had already stormed off and away from school. The others were still searching the halls for the creature named Dart.

After Julie ran off, Mike left Max alone in the gym, running outside in hopes to catch Julie. However, when the boy reached the bike rack, he sighed when he saw the one that belonged to her missing.

His supercomm spoke, "Any updates? Lucas? Ashton?" The voice belonged to Dustin.

"Nope."

"Nothing  yet."

"Anyone?" He asked next, almost sounding desperate.

"My area's all clear."

"Nope" Mike replied, opening a door that led back into the school.

"Guys...I found him" The other voice was Will.

"Where?" Dustin was quick to reply. There was a short pause over the line, "In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's."

"Copy that" Mike said, moving his feet quickly towards the location, hurrying to get there before the creature makes his escape again.

  On the way there, Mike bumped into Ashton, Max and Lucas, who were also rushing towards the bathroom. "Let's go. Down here" Mike pointed down the hall. Lucas looked around, "Where's Julie?"

"She left" Mike answered plainly, moving his feet faster. "Left? At a time like this?" Ashton questioned but Mike ignored his question as they reached the bathrooms.

Once the four of them entered the bathroom, Dustin was already there, standing against the wall with a strange expression plastered over his face.

"Where's Dart?" Mike questioned, looking around for a moment before Dustin shrugged in response, "I don't know. Not here."

"What?" Ashton furrowed his brows, pulling open each stall door to check. "He said by Salerno's, right?" Max asked the others.

"Yeah, maybe Will has him."

Mike froze, "Where is Will?"

--

THE KIDS WERE split up once again, this time they were searching for Will.

Dustin and Max searched the halls for Will, calling out to him repeatedly, receiving no answer each time.

"Will! WILL!"

"Dustin, what's going on? Where's Will?" Joyce had suddenly appeared, running into the curly headed boy.

On cue, Lucas runs inside through the door that led outside. "The field!" He answered breathlessly, before running back out the door.