VII. Flashbacks

Number twelve was being excorted through the lab halls with a tall, buff guard walking behind her

Number twelve was being excorted through the lab halls with a tall, buff guard walking behind her. They walked in silence as he was bringing her back to her room after another day of exhausting training.

Walking in the halls, they both froze in place ot the sound of doors slamming and screams in the distance, their heads snapping towards the sound.

The guard next to her pulled out his walkie talkie, speaking into it, "Everything alright over there?" He waited a moment only to receive no response.

He glanced at the girl beside him as she only stared back in confusion. He put his device away, "Alright, keep walking, let's go." He said as he moved more quickly to her room.

Once they reached the room, with a magnet titled '12', he pushed her inside as she moved to sit on her bed and stared at him, waiting for him to leave.

A voice from his device made him take it out again, holding it up to his ear.

"It's the eleven girl Brenner. She's having one of those dramatic episodes again. The voice said as the guard in front of her let out a breath.

"Alright, send all guards there. I'm on my way." The voice of Dr. Brenner himself said as the guard, that stood in the doorway of twelve's room, pointed at her, "No funny business."

He closed the door, making sure to lock it. Twelve watched the shadow underneath the door disappear and the sound of steps in the distance. The hetero-chromatic eyes that belonged to twelve glanced at the pictures that was hung on the wall.

One of the pictures she had drawn, it was one of her outside with trees, grass and the sun shining on her pale skin.

The other one was drawn stick figures of her and her family.

She didn't remember how her mom and dad looked but she would never forget being with them and the memories they made.

Brenner forced her to take multiple medications for two weeks when she first arrived and the image that she remembered of her parents started to fade.

Her eyes moved back to the locked door of her room as she clenched her fists tightly.

Slowly, a fire started to develop, starting from the knob of the door. She watched as the fire spread and soon, the door to her room had crumbled into nothing but burned dust.

The bald girl hurried out of the doorway as the halls were empty, no guards to be seen since they all were attending a problem on the other side of the lab.

To Dr. Brenner, Eleven knew more about her power and she knew how to use hers to her fullest ability. Brenner didn't forget that twelve was more dangerous than eleven because of her multiple powers but she did not know how to mantain it well as Eleven.