XV. The Demogorgan

THE SIX CHILDREN ALL sat on the ground surrounding Lucas's example that he created with sticks that were lying around the junkyard

He had three sticks that connected each other in a circle-like shape to resemble the lab.

In his other hand, he had another stick, "The fence starts here, and goes all the way around," Lucas told the others before planting a empty soda can inside the lab example.

"And this is the lab right here. The gate's gotta be in there somewhere. It's gotta be."

"Well who owns Hawkins Lab?" Dustin asks Lucas. "The sign says 'Department of Energy'" He answered as he shrugged.

"Department of Energy? What do you think that means?" Dustin questioned looking amongst the group. "It means government. Military." Mike was first to respond, his answer making Dustin raise a brow.

"Then why does it say 'Energy'?" Dustin interrogated. "Just trust me, all right. It's military, my dad's told me before."

"Mike's right. There's soldiers out front." Lucas agreed with Mike.

"Do they make like-- lightbulbs or something?"

"No weapons-- to fight the Russians and commles and stuff," Mike corrected Dustin which made Ashton realize something.

"Weapons." The three other boys looked at Ashton before following his gaze towards Eleven and Julie, the two girls returning a confused look.

Dustin let out a small gasp, "Oh Jesus, this is bad."

"Really bad, this place is like a fortress." Lucas added on, a worried expression crossing his face.

"Well, what do we do?"

"I don't know but it's obvious none of us can go home, they'll just end up finding us again," Ashton told the group as Mike nodded.

"Aston right, nowhere is safe. We're fugitives now."

There was silence before Julie stood up and started take a few steps away.

Mike stood up with her, "Julie? Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Did you hear what Ash said? They'll find us, they'll find you and Eleven!"

Julie turned towards Mike, "I-I can't leave Nora out there alone, not with the bad men looking for us."

Julie turned to leave again but Mike stopped her by grabbing her wrist, "They won't find Nora."

"How do you know?"

"You just gotta trust me, alright?" The red head girl thought for a moment before exhaling with a nod.

Dustin stood up, hearing a faint sound in the distance. "G-Guys? Do you hear that?"