IV. Shadow

NORA FOUND HERSELF standing outside the house the high school Halloween party was being hosted at

NORA FOUND HERSELF standing outside the house the high school Halloween party was being hosted at. She stared at all the people on the porch and in the front yard. They talked to each other in groups, sipping from red cups as some of them looked drunk out of their minds.

She was dressed as Madonna, wearing animal print clothes and tons of jewelry. Her hair had hair spray in it for the unique style she needed to execute.

She walked towards the house, pushing past the people standing in the door way.

The smell of alcohol and sweat hit her nostrils as soon as she was inside. She looked around for anyone she might know but when she didn't see anyone, she headed straight for the kitchen.

She grimaced at the couple that was making out in the corner as she walked up to the counter that had a bowl of a red drink in it.

She saw someone grab a red cup and the big spoon used for scooping the drink, pouring themselves a drink. "You know what's in this?"

The random person just took a sip, smirking and walked away.

She rolled her eyes, grabbing a cup and getting some for herself. She cautiously took a sip, tasting it. When she found herself liking it, she took a big gulp of it and then went to pour herself some more.

"Wasn't expecting to crash into you here" A familiar voice said as she turned around to be met with the dude she had met in the parking lot, Daniel.

She smiled, "What? You think I'm not the party type of girl?" She put a hand on her hip as she joked. Daniel laughed as Nora eyed his costume.

The browned haired guy was wearing red pants with a black belt and a black shirt with a red leather jacket over it to match the pants, mimicking Micheal Jackson.

"Nice costume" She complimented. "Thanks, I could say the same for you."

She nodded, taking a sip from her red cup. "Are you sure that's safe to drink?" He asked, she could pick up his tone which sounded like he was semi joking and being serious at the same time.

"I'm not sure, I guess we'll find out" She smirked, finishing her drink and going in for a refill.

"I don't--" He began to say before someone else approached them.

"Nora?" A feminine voice called out, making the girl turn around as she saw Nancy approaching her with Steve behind her.

"Hey Nancy!" Nora and Nancy hugged each other. Steve squinting his eyes, "Holy shit, Daniel?"

Daniel looked at Steve for a second before his features lit up, "Steve Harrington?!" The two handshaked before pulling each other in for a hug.

"You two know each other?" Nora asked as Steve nodded, "Yup, we used to be good friends and then he moved to Michigan for a while. How's your parents man?"