XVIII. Eleven?

THE SOLDIERS THAT WERE once holding onto the four boys, let them go and immediately pulled out their guns, emptying their ammo on the Demogorgan

THE SOLDIERS THAT WERE once holding onto the four boys, let them go and immediately pulled out their guns, emptying their ammo on the Demogorgan. The creature was not phased by the deadly weapons, the monster only roaring back.

Dr. Brenner turned his attention towards the creature as he stood up off the ground, staring at the tall creature in fear and disbelief. Shocked to be face to face with the monster that he's been studying this whole time.

The four boys took this as an opportunity. Dustin picked up Julie as Ashton lifted Eleven, the children all ran, following Mike.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" Mike shouted over the loud noises of yelling and gunshots followed up by ear-aching screeches coming from the Demogorgan.

Mike led them to an empty classroom as Dustin tried speaking to Julie to keep her awake, "We're almost there Julie, stay awake, stay awake."

"Here," Mike pointed to the two long table. "Help me get her up here" Ashton told Lucas as the two of them lifted Eleven onto the table, Dustin placing Julie down on the other one.

Ashton ran over towards Eleven, clutching her hand tightly as the girl had now opened her eyes. "Just hold on a little longer and all of this will be over" He told her as she shook her head slightly, "Papa" She said weakly as Ash smiled, "He's gone. The bad man's gone. We're gonna get to go to the Snow Ball together and you could stay with me and eat as many Eggos as you want."

Eleven sniffled, "Promise?"

"Promise" Ashton nodded his head.

There was loud screech that made everyone jump and look at the classroom door. Sounds of gunfire could be heard as there was a loud thud. They all listened as everything went silent, the silence turning suspicious to them.

"Is...is it dead?" Dustin stuttered, no one answered as they all watched the locked classroom. Almost on cue, the Demogorgan knocked down the door, stomping into the classroom with a roar.

Mike, Ashton and Dustin all shouted at Lucas to get his wrist rocket out of his backpack as the boy quickly attempted to do so, his hands shaking in fearfully.

Julie felt lightheaded as the girl was still too weak from earlier. Her head spun as blood poured from her nose, not fully aware of what was going on around her.

"Hurry up, Lucas!"

"I'm going!"

"Go, go, go!"

The boy took out the weapon as he shot at the creature. The Demogorgan didn't even flinch at the small rock that hit it, continuing to slowly walk towards the boys.

"Kill the bastard!"

"Shoot it!"

The boys continued to hand Lucas rocks as the boy shot them at the Demogorgan, each time causing no damage. "It's not working!"