XIII. Cliff

"So, what do we do now? About Eleven?"

"I don't know... I just can't believe she didn't come back," Ashton shook his head as he paced back in forth in Mike's basement, Dustin and Mike standing side by side.

"She's gotta be close. She said it wasn't safe. She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us."

Mike and Dustin glanced at each other, "Ash, calm down. We'll find her," Mike spoke up but Ashton continued, still pacing.

"I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that."

"You couldn't help it, you were upset. This isn't your fault," Dustin said, trying to relax his stressed friend.

"Yeah it's Lucas.'"

"It's not his fault either," That made Ashton stop in his tracks and look at Dustin, shocked.

"It wasn't his fault?"

"No."

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?" Ashton questioned with a raised brow, "Totally, but so were you!"

"What?!"

"So was Eleven. So was Mike-"

"What?!" Mike looked at Dustin weirdly. "Oh give us a break," Ashton rolled his eyes.

"No Ashton, you give me a break! All four of you were being a bunch of little assholes! Julie and I were the only reasonable ones."

"But the bottom line is you drew first. And you know the rules. You draw first blood-"

No! No way! I'm not shaking his hand!" Ashton shouted in refusal.

"You're shaking his hand!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Okay, okay--" Mike jumped in with an exhale, "We both have to go apologize to Lucas, there's no argument about that--"

"I'm not-"

"Then, we go to Julie's and get her so that we can all look for Eleven together. And then--" Mike walked over to Ashton's backpack and threw it at him, Ashton catching it.

"We will find Will."

JULIE LAID FLAT IN her bed, staring up at the ceiling which she has found herself doing since she had gotten home last night.

It was night time when Julie got home yesterday and she was there before Nora, which was odd.

She waited for Nora to come home and when she finally did, she gave Julie a small greeting and went straight up to her room. Julie figured that she was tired and decided to tell her the next day what had happened but she hasn't gotten up from her bed yet.