VIII. Scoops Troops

SLAMMING THE PHONE back onto the holder, Nora let out a frustrated huff, leaning her forehead against the phone in an exhausted state

"Still no answer?" Daniel appeared from around the corner. Nora glanced at him with a defeated expression, shaking her head.

It's been a while since Rosie and Nora has last talked. As of late, Nora has been taking Daniel's advice about limiting her work and with that, she found it much easier to maintain her schooling.

With the extra time on her hands, she's been trying to talk to Rosie but of course, the girl hasn't be answering. At first, Nora didn't think much of it but up to this point, she was getting more worried by the day.

"It's been days, Daniel, and she hasn't called me back" Nora said as she plopped down onto the couch. "Something is wrong" She assumed, leaning her head back against the sofa.

Daniel sighed, sitting down next to Nora. "Well, it is summer. I'm sure she's just having fun out and about" The brown haired male shrugged his shoulders.

There was a moment of silence, Nora's sudden gasp frightening Daniel a bit. She sat up, "What if it's happening again?" Her expression ran fearful.

"What--"

"What happened last year, Daniel. What if it's happening again?" She stood up from the chair, making Daniel mimic her actions.

"Nora, calm dow--"

"Oh god. We need to go" Nora started to walk away with a fast pace. Daniel was beyond confused, yet, still followed her to the bedroom which was where she was headed.

Daniel stood in the doorway he watched Nora grab an empty bag from the closet, scavenging around the room. "What are you doing?" He exhaled, bringing him hand up to adjust his glasses.

"We have to go back to Hawkins. I can't let anything bad happen again" Nora told him as she stuffed random clothes inside the bag.

"Okay, Nora, look--"

"Hurry, you need to pack a bag too."

"Nora--"

"I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner!"

"NORA!" Daniel had finally caught her attention as she stopped and looked at him, her eyes wide.

He walked towards her, grabbing the bag from her hands. "We aren't going anywhere" He told her.

"But--"

"You're jumping to conclusions. I'm sure everything's alright. It's summer, she's having fun. When she has the time to talk, she'll call, trust me. Okay?"

Nora exhaled, looking up at Daniel. Hesitantly, she nodded, "Okay."

Daniel dropped the bag somewhere on the floor, "I made your favorite, c'mon" Daniel teased with a grin, grabbing her hand and pulling her out the room.