IX. Code

IT FELT LIKE THEY'VE been falling forever

IT FELT LIKE THEY'VE been falling forever. Roseanne's stomach ached as she clutched onto the table, her knuckles nearly turning red. The whole group screamed at the top of their lungs, each one of them looking around at each other in panicked state.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin squealed, able to push himself towards the control panel, attempting once more to press the buttons in hopes for something to happen.

"We'e going down! We're going down!" Steve chanted, frightened. "Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin replied, still able to sass Steve even when they were falling to their deaths.

Dustin aggressively pressed each button on the panel, "WHY DON'T THESE BUTTONS WORK?!" He screamed. Erica stumbled towards him, "JUST PRESS THE BUTTON!" It was her turn now to start pressing random buttons like crazy.

With the room still descending rapidly, Dustin asked loudly, "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?" His voice cracked.

"WHEN WILL IT STOP?!" Rosie shouted over everyone's screams.

"COME ON, PRESS SOMETHING!"

"JUST PRESS THE BUTTON!"

"PUSH IT!"

Suddenly, the room had came to an abrupt stop, making everyone tumble to the ground.

They all moaned in pain as Steve yelped, "My groin. It fell on my groin."

"Get this off of me!" He shouted from his spot, buried under a box. Robin stood up, pulling Steve up from the ground as Dustin helped Rosie to her feet.

"You alright?" He asked, breathlessly. Roseanne rubbed a sore spot on her head, "Yeah" She replied shortly with a nod.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asked, still stunned from what they had just experienced. "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yelled, sarcasm in his angered tone as he pushed Dustin out the way, pressing all the buttons on the panel.

"We clearly established that those buttons don't work" Robin told him. "They're buttons, they have to do something--"

"Yeah, if we had a keycard" Robin said, intruding.

"What?"

"It's an electronic lock. It's the same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate. Meaning--" Robin explained to them before Dustin cut her off, "We're stuck in here" He finished in realization.

Erica was furious, "Just so you nerds are aware. I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one and slit. your. throats" Erica pointed at each of them with an accusing finger.