III. Advice

"BYE WILL! I had fun!" She waved goodbye to the boy that stood on his porch as she got on her bike

"BYE WILL! I had fun!" She waved goodbye to the boy that stood on his porch as she got on her bike. "Bye Rosie, see you later!" He gave a wide smile before the girl started to pedal away.

That afternoon, Will and Rosie biked around for a bit before the two of them got too tired and decided to head back to Will's house where they had chilled drinks and played some games.

As expected, the weather was just as hot as any other day. On the way home, Rosie stopped biking when she reached a sidewalk.

She pulled her supercomm out of her bag, clicking on a button, "Mike, it's Rosie" She girl spoke into the device, pausing to wait for an answer back.

"Hey, Rose" The person on the other end answered who she knew too well to be Mike.

"I'm on my way now. I was thinking we should just relax because Will and I were biking for almost two hours and--" The girl started to ramble but Mike cut her off, "You were with Will? Again?"

Unknowing to Mike, she paused with a brow raise, confused as to what the boy was getting at, "Yeah? You know I was hanging out with Will today."

There was long silence across the line, long enough to make Roseanne think that Mike turned his supercomm off. "Mike?"

"Actually, we can't see each other today" Mike answered back after a moment. "What? Why?" She questioned quickly, puzzled by his sudden change in plan. "It's my nana...she's---not doing too well" Roseanne could hear the sadness in his tone as she frowned. "Aww, I'm so sorry Mike. If you want, I could bring some snacks and come over--"

"NO!" The boy abruptly answered back, making Rosie jump from his loud voice. "I-I mean, no, it's alright. I think I just need time to reflect" His voice relaxed, explaining with a few stammers.

"Okay well, I'll just talk to you after?" She said, though it came out more as a question. "Yeah, yeah, gotta go, talk to you later."

"By--" Before she could even say goodbye back, the sound of static interrupted her, showing that Mike had already turned his device off. The girl stared at her supercomm, completely disoriented by that whole conversation. After a while, she shook her head, dropping her supercomm back in her bag and started to pedal again.

---

ROSEANNE LAID ON HER stomach in her bed as she was reading a new book that she had recently grabbed from the library. The red head was a bit bummed because Mike canceled on her but she tried to shake it off, reminding herself that she was being selfish since he was having some family issues.

There was three knocks at her door as Rosie looked up from her book, "Come in!"

The door opened, revealing Eleven on the other side. "Oh, hey El" Roseanna closed her book, placing it on the small table beside her bed. "I thought you were with Ash today."