Chapter 31: The Beginning of the End, Part II

"There is no time!" Setzer cried, squinting his eyes as he steered the Blackjack ever further into the heavens, causing the rear of the ship to tip back a bit, and to make the Returners go with it. Terra and the others clung to the sides of the ship, the wind blowing so hard in their faces that they could barely breathe. Setzer suddenly ripped past the floating continent and continued flying upwards, hoping that he could get a glimpse of the navigation of the land before they descended. However, what he saw troubled him greatly. While the land mass was hardly shifting as much as it was before, all the new mountains and pits that had been created previously forced whoever was to travel upon them to stick on selected few narrow paths, and he could immediately tell that there was no way all of the Returners could come after Kefka in those conditions. The Emperor and his clown-prince were settled on a high-risen part of the land in the dead center of the continent, however it would take extreme maneuvering around the entire continent to reach them safely.

"Lets jump onto that thing already!" Locke cried impatiently, and Setzer looked back at him as he shifted the Blackjack's gears into neutral and walked over to his alarmed friend.

"Look down there Locke. See how complicated the path is to Gestahl and Kefka? There is no way we're all gonna be able to navigate through that together. I think only three of us should come along."

"Only three... against Kefka and The Statues...?" Celes trailed off, and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm going!" Terra cried. "I'm taking it upon myself to avenge General Leo's death!"

"I need to come as well." Locke said. "What happened in Thamasa was too much for me to just let go."

"And who will be the last?" Setzer questioned, and everyone looked at each other. "I personally feel that I should remain on the ship, in case of an emergency."

Celes was about to open her mouth, but Edgar cut her off and stepped up beside Locke.

"I'll go! Terra, Locke, and I started all of this together... and today we're gonna end it!" Celes raised her eyebrows and turned away, looking down below at the continent.

"Ok, so Terra, Locke, Edgar, you'll be going." Setzer confirmed. "Everyone else will stay here and act as support. Come back right away if you get in trouble!"

"We will!" Terra cried, and took hold of Setzer's hands. "Please Setzer, you take care of everyone here, and take care of the Blackjack!" Setzer chuckled a little and smiled.

"You act as if we won't be seeing each other again Terra..." Terra bit her lip and closed her eyes for a moment. Strangely enough, it was exactly how she felt. The numbing feeling was eating away at her heart as she spoke her next words.

"... Of course we will, Setzer... This... it's just like a regular mission."

"Of course." Setzer replied softly, and quickly cleared his throat. "I'll just lower down a bit, and then..."

"AHHHHH!" Relm suddenly screamed, leaping back ten feet. "Look, look!" The Returners all turned towards Relm, and discovered what she was afraid of. Flying towards them at a rapid pace were a whole fleet of metal winged contraptions, all auto-piloted Magitek air force armors.

 Flying towards them at a rapid pace were a whole fleet of metal winged contraptions, all auto-piloted Magitek air force armors

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.