25 : Shared Secrets .

It was quite awkward for them to run into each other. There was never a time where it was just the 2 of them together. No servants, no other guest, no Sebastian.

"Did he mean a lot to you?" Ciel asked suddenly.

"He is simply my husband I had contracted into calling after my defeat by his hand." Fuyuki answered without hesitation, with confidence. "That is all Young Master."

"Don't lie Fuyuki."

She was truly lying.

For a moment, Fuyuki hesitated in answering, not knowing if she wanted to really to answer at all.

"Perhaps I had lost on purpose." Fuyuki admitted, a small genuine smile on her lips.

"Lost on purpose?" Ciel questioned with surprise.

"Yes. I am under contract to marry the first male demon who I lose to. And if they choose to, I shall be wedded to them." Fuyuki explained. "I am a solider, I never lose in battle."

"But why lose to Sebastian?" Ciel continued on.

"For my own selfish reason." Fuyuki answered once more, that same smile still on her lips. "I wanted him."

More silence followed after, unsure if the conversation should continue on.

"And you, Earl." Fuyuki asked in an almost mocking tone. "Did Sebastian mean a lot to you?"

"He is just my butler, that is all." Ciel answered straight away.

"You shouldn't lie Earl." She continued to mock.

"I am not lying." Ciel answered back. "He was simply my butler. He would do anything and everything for me. Always there when I asked for him, no matter the situation. That is what he meant to me." Ciel explained, his words sincere as a saddened expression reached his features. "He was simply my butler."

"Well Earl, I believe we should get back to the other guest." Fuyuki mentioned as she stood up.

"Yes. Let's get going." Ciel answered calmly, heading for the door. "I trust this stays a secret between us?"

"Yes, of course, my Lord."