40 : Jealous Streak .

She walked through the crowd of people in a satin navy blue gown. The bodice hugged her body as the dress flared and rippled into layers, ending in thick black lace. The thick straps of her dress hanged at her arms as the material ruffled, her shoulders exposed. Her hair was simple, half of it was slightly tied up in a very loose bun, while the rest fell upon her shoulders and back. She had caught the eyes of many men, but she only looked for one. 

"She looks so pretty!" 

"Her dress is beautiful!" 

"Does she work at the school? I would have recognized such a beautiful woman." 

"Such a lovely rose! An exquisite blue rose!" A familiar voice had declared. 

"... Hmm?" Fuyuki turned around confused. 

"There she is!" The voice said once again, causing Fuyuki to give a confused look. Do women really like being compared to flowers? 

"The beautiful blue rose." 

"Umm, hello." Fuyuki answered with a curtsy. 

"I have yet to meet a woman with such beauty." The Viscout complimented as Fuyuki awkwardly smiled and bowed before him. 

"Thank you Viscount." Fuyukui replied. Who exactly was this man? And why are other women fawning over him, and sending her hateful stares? 

As he bowed, he took her hand and placed a kiss. When the Viscount wasn't looking though, she subtly wiped her hand on her dress as she thought 'Why did he leave saliva on my hand?' 

"Now why is a beautiful woman like you by yourself?" The Viscount asked. 

"Oh, I am not by myself. I have come here to accompany my husband." Fuyuki answered with a smile. 

"Husband?!" The Viscount declared as he raised a hand to his forehead as if he was about to faint, his mouth open as he gasped. 

"Fuyuki, there you are." A voice rang through her ears and relief washed over her. "I've been looking everywhere for you." 

"Oh, my apologies. I was just simply being entertained by the Viscount of Druitt." Fuyuki answered with a smile. 

"Oh? How so?" Sebastian asked, his smile never faltering. But she caught that look in his eyes. 

"He was complimenting me." Fuyuki answered, her smile never disappearing. 

"Ah, well I do have to apologize Viscount." Sebastian answered as he faced the Viscount himself. "I must take my wife to introduce to my colleagues." 

The Viscount simply smiled as he said there was no need for an apology, and that roses should be free to bloom. What a weirdo. 

Sebastian and Fuyuki walked off, Sebastian introducing Fuyuki to those that spoke to him, as his wife. For majority of the night, his arm barely left her waist. 

"Sebastian, is everything alright?" Fuyuki had to ask. 

"Yes, why of course." Sebastian answered with a smile, his grip pulling her closer to him. "Why do you ask?" 

"No reason." Fuyuki answered once more as she smiled back. But at the back of her mind she simply thought 'This man has such a silly jealous streak'.