Chapter 15

I came close to Ethan.

"Why does Robert want me back so hard?" I questioned.

"He wants you to help him destroy me"

"Well that's never going to happen"

He looked down and took a deep breath.

"Don't be so sure Catharina, he knows how to force you"

I stopped in my place and thought about what he was saying but Carson pushed me forward.

"Why did you stop moving?"

I bit my lips and continued marching. I was very slow as I couldn't stop thinking when a voice whispered in my ears.

"Don't fear me, I'm a friend" whispered the stranger.

I was terribly afraid he could be Robert and I followed Ethan quickly. Ah how I hate Vampires! Carson soon came near me.

"Why are you shivering?"

"I am? No I'm not, I just feel cold" I replied trying to dismiss what I heard.

"Catharina, the weather is hot now! Are you okay?"

I nodded trying to convince him. We arrived at a big building where many people were there. Everyone was looking at me with a cold look and I didn't feel satisfied. We sat down on a table and rested our feet.

"Ethan why are they looking at me like that?"

He stopped for a moment.

"Maybe because you're new here" he replied.

"Or maybe because she's a Vampire!" came a reply behind my back.

Ethan looked at the stranger surprised and soon millions of Vampires appeared in the place, people were running and guards entered the building and started fighting them.

"Go go" yelled Ethan as he lead us to the door of the building.

He ran back inside and started protecting the innocent people. He got out his sword and I couldn't bear seeing Ethan fight alone. He was injured in his hand from a knife. I ran quickly inside, Carson, Jake and Drake soon followed me too. I didn't know that Drake was good at archery and that surprised me much. Jake turned to a wolf like Carson and they attached the Vampires together and that was good and I had to turn to a witch although people would hate me more for they hate witches and many of them were haunters but they left me for they knew I was helping them.

I turned soon to a witch and used my powers carefully trying not to harm an innocent soul. I was getting stronger and stronger using my spells. Vampires were trying to reach me but they couldn't, I was using both hands to produce more power but soon all that was done for Bracken appeared behind me and stabbed a knife in my neck. I was groaning in pain and I looked at him surprised with tears flowing down my chin, I fell on my knees and looked at Ethan fearing that it could be the last look. I soon felt great pain in my head and my vision went black.

-Carson's POV :

I found Catharina on the ground being dragged by Bracken so I ran as quickly as possible and jumped over him.

"Oh then you're the brave boy again" said Bracken.

I turned back to a human, got a knife and aiming for his hand, I gave him a hard blow.

"That won't help you my son" he said getting out the knife and throwing it at my face.

Drake soon appeared and took Catharina away and I had to interrupt Bracken and stop him from taking Catharina back to the castle. He was all the time trying to follow Drake but was badly knocked down on the floor by me. He groaned and tried to stand up. I soon got tired and followed Ethan back to the house, Bracken hit me with his hand but I pushed him with my leg and continued running until I reached the house and ran upstairs looking for Catharina.

"How is she?" I asked Ethan when I finally found the room.

"She's good don't worry"

"How could he just do this when he is the one who needed her!"

"Carson Vampires don't get hurt from knives"

I looked surprised and sat down. Catharina held my hand and smiled. Jake soon appeared behind my back and gave me a cold smile.

-Catharina's POV :

I was lucky enough being a Vampire. I could've died right now if I were a Werewolf. Jake held my hand gently brushing it. I smiled at Jake and held his other hand. He patted me and gave Carson a smile. Isn't he just cute? Drake entered the room with some water. He lifted my head to help me drink. I thanked him and rested my head back on the pillow.

"You would be fine Catharina don't worry" said Drake.

I nodded and smiled. I still didn't understand why Bracken did this. He wanted me so hard, why would he try to kill me?