Chapter 24

-Catharina's POV-

Ethan took Drake and had a walk together. I watched them go confused and spied on them making sure I wouldn't be seen but Carson pulled me backwards.

"You shan't do this, do you?"

I sighed and shook my head.

-Ethan's POV-

I went with Drake to the factory that produces swords and arches. He was old enough to fight with me, older and stronger than the others. I hoped Catharina could fight with me but she isn't that strong. I lead Drake to the place where many arches appeared in. I left him to choose and went straight to the swords. I tried everyone until I was satisfied by one of them, and Drake was also satisfied by one of the arches. My sword was decorated by a drawing of snakes twisting around the head of the sword. I went to the training courses and Drake was throwing the arrows nervously.

"What's wrong Drake? Are you okay?"

Drake nodded.

"Why can't you throw the arrows properly then?"

"I don't know!"

I came close to him, put my hand on his face and patted him.

"You have to concentrate then"

He again nodded and improved his work, Catharina soon entered the building and looked at Drake confused.

-Catharina's POV-

"Can I train with you?" I asked.

"No you're still a trainer" replied Drake.

"I am not"

Drake gave me an arch.

"Then show us what you could do"

I took it, shot a bird and it fell on the ground dead.

"Poor birdie" I murmured giving Drake a sly smile.

He smiled anxiously awaiting for my resume. I took the arch and shot an arrow right beside his ear. He glanced at the arrow and looked at me surprised.

"How about that?"

"Good, but you're still a trainee"

I shot another arrow at his face and he quickly defended himself with a shield.

"Maybe because you're jealous"

He made an arrogant laugh and moved along. He threw an arrow quickly aiming for my flesh but it only sliced the poor thin air as I hit it with my shield, assuring me that he was jealous. I skillfully was about to hit him with a blow of mine but Ethan quickly defended Drake from the arrow making Drake jump in his place. His face turned white as he looked at me.

"We don't need Drake injured Catharina! This isn't a game"

"Indeed it is" I replied making fun of him.

Drake smiled at me arrogantly. 

"You must admit that I won!"

He shook his head with a laugh.

"Oh you're jealous then"

"I am not"

"Then admit it"

He sighed and came near me.

"You won"

I made a silent laugh then thought about frustrating him.

"Say it aloud leaning your head"

"Over my dead body, I've never leaned my head for my master and for sure not for a trainee"

"Do it now"

He smiled and walked away. Did he just reject my orders? I headed back to the house and met Jake.

"Damien became Robert's assistant now" came the reply from Carson. "Expect him to be here soon"

"What?"

This is getting worse, I had to leave Bracken and not kill him. Now Damien would take his revenge. Carson went to the house and I stood there half paralyzed for a moment but continued marching and was hit by someone wearing a black jacket with ocean blue eyes and black hair. Wait a minute is that Damien? I feared he could be Damien so I went straight to the house but was caught by him.

"Let go of me!" I yelled.

"Didn't I tell you I should suck your blood till the last drop? Now watch how I should do it" muttered the stranger.