Chapter 16

Carson and Jake were all the time trying to impress me but I got no feelings for either of them, they were just like brothers to me.

"Catharina do you want some water?" asked Jake.

I shook my head

"She doesn't need water idiot, she only needs you to keep silent" came the hard reply from Carson.

"Carson I don't want him to keep silent for I like it when he looks after me" I replied.

Jake smiled at me and held my hand.

"What a pathetic creature he is" muttered Carson.

"I heard that!" replied Jake.

They were like a cat and a dog fighting for a piece of meat. Well I don't like meat but they surely do.

Carson went outside the room and got me some hot toast with butter and tea.

"Aw thank you!" I said.

Carson smiled and looked at Jake teasing him with his cold smile. Ah the hot toast was so wonderful my eyes widened when I found that he made a heart from the toast. Isn't that romantic? Well I didn't comment on the heart and continued eating as if I didn't notice it for I believed that he didn't love me, he just wanted to win the challenge that is secretly made between them.

"I made you a heart, did you see it?"

"What? Oh no I didn't!" I said pretending to be surprised.

I looked at it and gave a fake smile.

"Aw how romantic thank you" I continued.

Jake bit his lips and looked disappointed. He went outside and soon entered again with some biscuits full of chocolate and vanilla.

"Oh my god! That is awesome!" I cried staring at the chocolate.

He put them on the table and pointed at the piece of strawberry which was cut perfectly to get the shape of a heart. I hugged and thanked him. Carson gave me a smile hoping that I wouldn't realize his angry face but I just did. Ethan came in and gave a smile.

"I think you can walk now" he said gently.

I stood up and marched.

"Yes" I agreed.

Ah how I missed walking, but groaned when I moved my neck, uh I felt terrible pain as if millions of nails were stabbed in my neck, he stabbed it perfectly near a place that would've quickly killed me, I have to take revenge! Who does he think himself? I knew from Ethan that Bracken would be here soon to apologize for what he had done and that was my chance.

"I need to take my revenge on Bracken" I said looking at the three men.

They nodded and followed me downstairs where Bracken would be. A knock soon was heard on the door making my hand shiver but I didn't know why. The guards asked me whether they would open or not and I nodded. The door was opened and Bracken was in giving me a smile.

"Oh my dear Catharina, I'm sorry for what had happened to you, I didn't mean to, you forced me to do this for you didn't want to go back home"

"Apology not accepted" I replied.

He looked shocked and started getting close to me.

"Catharina it's your real home!"

"It's not!" I replied firmly.

He tried to hold my hand so I hit him.

"Why are you doing this my dear?" he said. "Catharina don't be stubborn now" he continued looking serious.

Drake appeared behind him and hit him with a tall stick. From where does he get all those sticks?.

"Get out of the house!" he yelled.

Bracken smiled at him, got out his sword and cut his stick into two pieces. Ethan ran quickly downstairs when he heard the noise. Ethan gave me a sword and I attached him and stabbed him with it in his stomach. He shivered and froze in his place. The guards grabbed him and pushed him outside. After few hours some Vampires arrived and took him as fast as they could.

"Uh how evil he is" I muttered.