Chapter 17

Mel

The day has finally come! It's Lins and Chase's wedding day, and I am so excited for them. I'm in Lindsey's suite getting ready for the ceremony with her and Tay as the guys ready themselves in T.J. and Taylor's room.

I see both Lins and Chase's moms off to the side, watching as we get dolled up, sniffing every now and then, and wiping away tears of joy. They keep gushing over how beautiful we look, especially Lins.

She looks incredible- like she was plucked straight from the pages of a bridal magazine. Her dress is gorgeous with thin straps on top and a lace bodice. The skirt is light and airy, overlapping the bodice at her waist with a slit up one side going all the way to her waist, tastefully showing just a peek of the lace bodice underneath.

The dress is perfect, as is her modest layer of makeup and her golden hair. Her locks are loose and wavy, some pulled up and decorated with flowers, making it look like she's wearing a crown of flora. She really does look like a goddess right now. Chase is going to start drooling the second he sees her.

I look over at Tay, knowing we're sharing the same thought as we both struggle to hold back tears.

"Oh, Lindsey. You look stunning," Chase's mom tells her, bringing a tissue to her eyes.

Lins and Liam's mom sniffs before chiming in with her opinion. "You look like an angel, baby. So beautiful."

She gives Lins a strong hug before pulling away, shaking her head in an attempt to ward off more streams of tears. Then, she looks at Taylor and me. "You girls look amazing too."

She approaches us, bringing one hand up to each of our cheeks, doting on us as if we were her own. "Such beautiful young ladies."

Chase's mom smiles over at us. "Absolutely gorgeous. You'll be shooing away suitors all night, Mel."

I return her smile as Tay, and I thank them for their kind words. They steal another look at Lindsey before leaving us to check on the boys.

The hair and makeup stylists finish adding the final touches to Lindsey's look, giving Tay and me a moment to ourselves. We're both gazing at our reflections in the massive floor-length mirror, stunned at how beautiful we look.

Our dresses are perfect for the beach. They're knee-length with spaghetti straps and a moderate V neckline. The fabric is light and lacey with gorgeous embroidery just under the bust- all in a pale lilac that Lindsey picked out.

Standing here, staring at myself in the mirror, I can't help but think of what Chase's mom said earlier- about shooing away suitors all night. Maybe she's right.

The dress makes my legs look even longer than usual, and my loose hair frames my face perfectly. All three of us could have been ripped from the pages of a magazine. I smile as I let my thoughts wander.

I wonder what Liam will think...

Movement off to the side catches my eye as I turn to see Taylor picking out a flower to clip into my hair. She smiles as I look back at myself. "You look incredible, Mel."

She lowers her voice a bit before continuing, "He won't be able to keep his eyes off of you."

My head snaps in her direction as she stares at me. I'm at a loss for words. I have no idea what to say. Tay squeezes my hand, reassuring me that everything is okay, telling me not to be afraid before Lins calls her over.