Chapter 20

Mel

Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod!

Why did I let myself get so drunk last night?

I curse myself as another sliver of what happened after mojito number seven creeps into my memory. Apparently, Mojito Mel decided to get sloppy and stumble her way to her room, latching on to Liam like a dancer to a pole when he tried to be chivalrous and keep me from falling flat on my face.

Oh no! Why, Mel? Why?

I groan as I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel tightly around myself as I try to remember what else I did last night. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I shake my head. Whatever it was, I just hope I didn't ruin what Liam and I have built between us over the last several months.

I know he stayed in my room last night. When I woke up, I was greeted by a view of his tan face and chiseled jaw as he slept soundly next to me. My eyes nearly leaped out of my skull when I remembered drunkenly asking him to stay with me the night before.

I was mortified as I lay there beside him. Several times, I chastised myself for being so reckless at the bar. With a heavy sigh, I turned my face toward him again. I watched as his chest expanded with every breath he took. He still wore his shirt from the wedding, though the top buttons were undone, allowing me a peek at his sculpted chest.

I studied him as I debated fleeing my room, hoping to find a way to avoid the awkwardness that was sure to follow once he woke up. My mind wandered as my eyes roamed his sleeping form. Fuck, he was beautiful.

The strain of his muscles against his shirt, the contrast of his golden skin against my white sheets, the echoes of strength emanating from his entire body. All of it had me captivated. I soon forgot what I was debating as I allowed myself to stare at him.

Before I knew it, his eyes were open, and I found him looking back at me with a sleepy smile on his face. He told me good morning and asked how I felt. Such a gentleman!

I told him honestly that I felt awful and couldn't remember much from the previous evening. He simply smiled and told me not to worry- that I hadn't done anything too embarrassing.

Not long after, he excused himself back to his room to shower, reminding me that we had a breakfast date with the gang before Chase and Lins disappeared for their honeymoon. There was no awkwardness on his part, nothing to indicate that I made him feel uncomfortable, but I still felt the anxiety sinking into my pores.

The second he left, I started wracking my brain, trying to remember every bit of last night that had become foggy. I hopped in the shower, hoping the steamy water would wash away the haze.

It didn't.

Another groan left my mouth as I bent down, placing my cheek against the counter. I tried to take a calming breath as I let the coolness of the marble seep into my skin. Please, at least tell me I didn't make a move on him while he was trying to sleep. Oh, God! Please, tell me that.

Still- nothing. No memory to confirm that I did or didn't try something while Liam graciously stayed with me after I pitifully begged him in my drunken state.

Ugg.

I was so lost in thought as I dressed that the soft knock on my door nearly made me jump out of my skin. I panicked, thinking it was Liam, worried about how I could face him after last night. But it wasn't Liam standing outside my door; it was Taylor.

She grinned at me as she took in my appearance. "I sent the boys on downstairs. Thought you could use a few extra minutes to get ready."

"Thank you," I told her as we walked toward the elevator.