Chapter 38

Mel

It's been a while since I've been intimate with anyone. The most intimacy I've had since Justin died has been with Liam, and even then, we haven't done much- kissing, mild touching, nothing below the belt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to know that he isn't in any hurry and won't pressure me into anything, but the heat between us is getting unbearable. His self-control is impressive; it's just that I'm starting to feel my most primal needs surfacing.

I haven't felt this kind of craving in years. The more time Liam and I spend together, the needier my carnal instincts become.

I thought I'd hit my boiling point before his last game. When he hit me with that panty-dropping smile of his, I could feel my core start to ache. Pair that with him calling me his girl. Yeah, I was a goner.

From that moment on, the wheels started turning. I started forming plans for the two of us after the game. Whether they won or lost, Liam would be presented with a gift from me. And he would receive that gift in bed.

It was almost torture watching hours of gameplay and waiting for the final buzzer when all I wanted was to get Liam home and worship him. Every goal he scored and every hit he landed made me more and more ready to take him home.

When he scored his third goal of the game, rounding out his hat trick, he turned my way and winked. Fuck. If I weren't already done for, I surely would have been after that. His simple action had me melting in my seat, desperate for the game to end so I could get him alone.

After Ben scored the game-winning goal, I knew the guys would be expected to show for the celebration afterward. Luckily, we didn't spend a long time at the bar. I have Tay and T.J. to thank for that. They were eager to get back to the apartment and start their own celebration.

I convinced Liam to leave with them, claiming to be tired and ready for bed. He, of course, obliged, and we quickly made our way back home.

I couldn't help but think of all the things I wanted to do with him and to him on our way to the apartment. Liam unwittingly slowed me down when he gallantly offered me his hat trick puck of the night.

My primal needs took a back seat to my emotions when he did that. How did I get so lucky to find a guy like him?

That simple gift pulled all of my heartstrings and reminded me what a good guy Liam truly is. For a moment, I was so lost in awe that I almost forgot my goal for the night- to take Liam to bed and not just to cuddle.

The wind in my sails picked right back up when I heard the creak of a bed from inside Tay and T.J.'s room. They were doing what I wanted to be doing. And suddenly, I was reinvigorated, ready to put my plan back into action. Liam wouldn't know what hit him by the end of the night. He'd be blown away if all went to plan.

Liam took the initiative and pulled us into his room, but after that, I took over. I pushed him back on the bed and stood between his open legs. I thought he got the message when I tore his jersey off and mounted him, crashing our lips together like a woman starving for physical touch.

The way he responded with his tongue made me think we were both on the same page. If that wasn't a sign, the stiff rod between his legs sure was. I thought I would get what I needed, what I'd been craving for so long.

Instead, I got an hour and a half of intense heavy petting, grinding, and making out. His hands explored my body over my clothes, but he never tried to go underneath. He never once let his fingers wander under the waistband of my jeans. The most he allowed himself was a nice grip on my ass and a gentle graze over my boobs while he ground teasingly into my core.