Chapter 51

Mel

I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. Everything seems to be falling perfectly into place. Liam has officially handed over the reins to the rink, letting me manage everything how I see fit. Classes are booked through the end of the year, and local teams who need a new place to practice have booked the days we don't have classes.

Things are going well. I'm starting to lean into my updated roll at the rink, quickly finding my footing. Next month I'll be able to begin offering free classes like I always wanted with the new program I implemented. When I told the other trainers about it, they all wanted to join in and participate.

My dream has come to life, and I have Liam to thank for that. He had faith in me enough to buy the rink and let me manage it. He's never once second-guessed a decision I've made regarding the business, and he tells me how proud he is of me each and every day.

I never thought it possible to love him more, but I find myself still falling deeper as each day passes. And I'm incredibly grateful to have him in my life.

The team has been on a long travel stent and finally returned last night. It's been a while since all of us have gotten together, so we're joining T.J., Tay, Chase, and Lins for dinner tonight. I can't shake this feeling of excitement that's been buzzing inside of me since the guys came home.

I don't know if I'm just happy to have Liam home or if it's something else. Either way, I know tonight is going to be amazing. I can't wait to get the gang back together.

~

The six of us met for dinner at an upscale Italian restaurant, exchanging hugs and hellos before being seated at our table. We all catch up, filling everyone in on what's new since we all got together.

Lins updates us on baby Smith and her job. She got a promotion and is now a team lead, heading up her own group of accountants at her firm. Her latest doctor's appointment showed that the baby is doing well and looks to be thriving in the womb.

At that, Chase beamed, fondly rubbing Lindsey's growing belly as he stated, "My boy is going to be the next best hockey player in the nation."

Lins rolled her eyes, retorting, "We don't know that it's a boy. We may have a girl."

The daddy-to-be shook his head, still rubbing his pregnant wife's baby bump. "Nah. I have a feeling. You're growing our son in here, Lins."

The two looked happily at each other as the conversation wore on. My heart glowed for them. Soon, they'll be parents, and I can't wait to see it.

The minutes ticked away as we continued visiting. By the time dessert was served, we were all feeling full and relaxed, happy to be here with one another again. That's when I felt that strange rush of excitement, like something was about to happen.

Before I knew it, T.J. cleared his voice. Everyone's eyes turned to him as he stood and smiled at Taylor. "There's something I need to say." My mouth dropped as I anticipated what was about to happen.

He took her hand and knelt in front of her as she turned in her seat. I heard Lindsey's gasp as T.J. started speaking. "Jenna, I know it's been a wild ride. We've been through so much together- survived some of the hardest times."

Tay's eyes watered as T.J. tried to clear the knot in his throat as they no doubt remembered the difficult time they had after his accident. "You pulled me out of the darkness, brought me back to life, helped me learn what love is, and showed me the kind of man I should have always been. I know you'll always be my heart and soul, but there's something I have to ask you. I've wanted to do this for so long, and I've finally found the right moment. Jenna, will you be my wife and make me the happiest man in the universe?"

With tears streaming down her face, Tay beamed at him, nodding as she answered, "Yes. Oh my God, yes, Tanner."

She covered her mouth with her right hand as T.J. slipped a dazzling diamond on her ring finger. As soon as he was done, Tay tackled him, pulling him into a passionate kiss, nearly sending them sprawling over the tile floor. The rest of us watched, chuckling at Tay's excitement as tears filled mine and Lindsey's eyes.

We stayed a while longer to celebrate the engagement with flutes of champagne- and sparkling water for Lins. The whole restaurant seemed to know what happened and clapped for the now-engaged couple as they got lost in each other's eyes, whispering sweet nothings and basking in their delight.

~

Back at the apartment, T.J. and Tay quickly said goodnight and raced for their room. Liam and I exchanged a knowing look before disappearing into his.

I start to drift into a blissful daze as I think of how happy I am for our friends. So much has happened over the last several months. Taylor and T.J. are getting married, Lindsey and Chase are going to have a baby, and Liam and I are officially a couple.

Everything is turning out so wonderful. I don't think I've ever been so happy- not just for my friends but also for myself. It never would have happened if I didn't have these amazing people around me.

I toe off my shoes and drift over to the bed inside Liam's room. Before I can fling myself onto it, warm arms wrap around me, cradling me in Liam's strong embrace. I smile as his breath caresses my cheek.

"I love you so much, Mel," he purrs softly.

My heart flutters. They are my favorite words, and I know he means them with his entire being. Liam loves with everything he has, and he chose to love me.

I will be forever grateful for the man standing behind me. He's shown me how to be brave. He's the reason I learned to let go. And he opened my heart to love when I never thought I'd feel it again.

Liam made my dream come true, and I know in my soul that my new dream- my dream of our future- will also come true because of him. He told me I was his dream, and now, he's mine. And I plan on making sure he knows it every single day for the rest of our lives.

I turn to face him, running my hands up his neck, letting him see all the love in my eyes. "I love you too, Liam. Always."

He leans in, kissing me sweetly before resting our heads together. I hear the promise in his voice as he whispers the most beautiful word, stealing my breath away. "Always."

I know it's a promise that neither of us will break. I found my future- my dream- in Liam, and I know that it's true- I will always love him. And he will always love me.

The End.

A/N:

*Takes a moment to freak out* HOLY CRAP, I DID IT! I wrote a book series! *sits in disbelief*

From the author:

Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my book. I hope you have enjoyed it! I appreciate all of your support and words of encouragement. Thank you to everyone who found me in the midst of all of the other amazing books out there and gave this one a chance. If you enjoyed this book, I have two additional books in this series available now. And if you have an Amazon account I would be eternally grateful if you would consider leaving me a rating and review on Amazon- (even if you don't purchase a copy) reviews really help boost the book in Amazon's algorithm and help other readers find it more easily. If you're interested in helping me out, see the comments below for a link to my Amazon :)

If you're on social media, you can follow me for updates, announcements, and more fun content. You can find me on Instagram and Tik Tok: @l.a.arms.author

Thank you to the stars and back!

Much love,

Laura 

Left With Liamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें