Part 11

Sawyer's POV

I was sitting on Scarlett's lap, eating wings as the others all laughed about something.

I was still upset about getting lost earlier and how the mean man treated me, but the wings were cheering me up a little. As I stopped eating, I looked up and noticed that everyone else was in costume, reminding me of my comics; I needed to start paying more attention. I seem to miss all the details of what's happening around me these days. Slowly I pulled on Scarlett's sleeve to get her attention as she was busy talking. However, the minute I did, she abandoned her conversation to check on me.

"Are you ok, baby? Are you finished eating? Does something hurt?" She asked, quickly scanning my face with her worried eyes as she brushed my hair off my forehead as I nodded. "Yes, I'm full. Scarlett? Do you think the others will sign my comics too? They're in my backpack in the trailer," I ask quietly so only she can hear. I see the worry leave her eyes as she smiles at me, reassuring me a little. "Well, baby, why don't you ask them and find out?" She encourages just as quietly. I looked up at her for a minute before turning at everyone else, my eyes landing on Robert; out of everyone, I had talked to him the most, but even then, I was not sold on the idea of talking to him.

After staring at him for at least five minutes, I work up the courage to ask, "Robert?" I muttered hesitantly above the chatter around the table. I watched as his gaze shifted to me, and he smiled over at me. "How can I help you, SJ?" He asked, which made me look at him with confused eyes, wondering who this SJ person was. "Who's SJ?" I ask, earning a laugh around the table from the cast, who had seemingly quietened down after hearing me ask to speak to Robert. "Well, you are silly, your name is Sawyer Johansson, and you are like a baby Scarlett, making you Scarlett Junior both leave you being SJ. Have you never had a nickname before? Personally, I think Brainbox suits you better," he explains to me; I just shake my head before smiling at the idea of a nickname. I like it.

I look up at Scarlett, still smiling. "I'm a baby you?" I ask, confused, making her laugh at me as she cups my cheeks. "Yes, baby, you are like my clone. You looked just like me when I was your age, just a little smaller. Plus, you will always be my baby," she explains; I scowled briefly at the mention of my height before smiling at the comment about being a baby version of Scarlett. "Now, I thought you had a question for Robert and the others?" She encourages nodding her head to the others, who are all looking at us, before nudging me to turn and face them all.

I turn back around, my smile dropping from my face as I start fiddling with Scarlett's hands nervously as I face them all before taking a big breath and asking, "Robert, will you sign my comic, please? Actually, please, will you all sign my comics? I really love Marvel," I mumble hesitantly, only just audible to the table. Scarlett cuddles me closer, noticing my nerves building up after having to talk to someone other than her. Her hands ran through my hair, easing my nerves slightly. Scarlett makes everything seem less scary.

I watch as the others all smile before Lizzie cuts in, "I'm sure we would all be honoured to sign your comics, SJ," making me smile shyly at her as everyone nods at what she has said. "Who is your favourite Avenger, SJ?" Hemsworth asked, making me smile up at Scarlett behind me. "Black Widow," I answered proudly, earning a mixture of laughter and 'awes' around the table as Scarlett just kissed my head. That is new; I like that. "Ok, we get it. Your a Mommy's girl, so she doesn't count. Who's your real favourite?" Evans asked from next to us.

"Well, Black Widow was actually my favourite before I met Scarlett from the comics, but my second favourite in the comics is Wanda; I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the character Lizzie," I pause, sending a smile to Lizzie who was beaming at me before continuing "my second favourite in the MCU so far is Iron Man, I think Tony is just misunderstood. You're doing an amazing job at playing him, Robert; you really bring Tony to life" I send Robert a shy smile, who looks so happy he may cry.