Part 37

Sawyer's POV

I am terrified. 

There were so many people out there just looking at me as I walked onto the stage. But I need to be strong. Mama was so worried about me doing this, so I had to prove to her that I was a big girl and I could manage. I love acting, and it's something I want to do for a long time. If Mama thinks this is too much for me she will make me stop, and I don't want to stop. I want to keep doing this for as long as I can.

I want to be just like Mama, so I need to be able to do this. It wasn't too bad at the start.

 After saying hi to everyone, I just sat there chilling out. Lizzie had slipped her hand into my lap when I sat down, so I was just playing with her rings while everyone else answered questions. Mama was right because no one knew me or Nikita. They aren't asking me anything.

I spoke too soon. The questions started, and they didn't seem to be stopping. "How old are you, Nola?" Some lady in the crowd asked as I sat on Lizzie's lap, still chuckling at her upset over not being my favourite. "I'm nine, but Nikita is eleven. We are both small for our age," I say, laughing as I smile in her direction, hoping to make a good impression.

The following few questions are for the others so I can relax again. Aaron moved into my seat, and we were in the middle of a thumbs-up when someone asked a question directed at us, breaking apart our fight. "My question is for Elizabeth, Aaron and Nola: who is your favourite character?" The man asked. I stayed quiet, letting Lizzie go first.

"That is such a great question. I would have said a certain little addition to the cast. Still, since Nola's love seems to be for sale, I'm going to go with Black Widow because she is the original female powerhouse," she says after taking a moment to think, making me clap "That's my favourite and you know it" I pout making the audience laugh.

"You can't steal my answer, Lizzie. Black Widow is the ultimate superhero, doing everything she can to help people without superpowers or a super suit; she is an icon. Get your own favourite," I grumble as she rolls her eyes at me playfully while Aaron jumps in with his answer.

So the panel is finally over, which is great because I just want a hug from Mama at this point. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I felt overwhelmed, but with everyone up here with me, I knew I could get through it.

"Bye, everyone. I hope you all enjoy the movie and have a great day," I say into the mike before jumping off of Lizzie's lap and walking off stage behind Aaron. As soon as Mama was off stage, I ran to her, flinging myself into her body in need of her support as if I were off of the stage; the gravity of what I had just done hit me.

Mama just pulled me in close and nuzzled my head into her, making me relax. "You did so amazing, baby. Honestly, I am so proud of you, princess. I love you so much," she cooed into my ear before straightening out.

We were taking promo photos, which was a lot of fun. We took some serious ones where I had to stand and smile, and then we had silly ones where the boys all took turns trying to make me laugh. It was good fun and made me forget all the stress I had moments ago from being on the stage.

"Superstar, you did fantastic. After how well you just did, we were wondering if you wanted to go to the Nikita booth for a while and interact with some fans. Obviously, since you want to keep who you are secret, your Mama can't be with you the whole time, but we can cycle through everyone so they take shifts hanging with you. Just for like an hour," Mr Kevin asked as he came over smiling, making me nod.

"Can I, Mama?" I asked excitedly, wanting to check out the booth for Nikita anyway. "If it gets too much, you let whoever is with you know, and we can stop, okay?" She asks, looking down at me sternly, making me nod excitedly. "Will you come with me first, please, Mama? I wouldn't let Chrissy show me yesterday because I wanted to see it with you," I begged, giving her my puppy eyes, which I knew she couldn't resist.