Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Baji had fallen asleep. Kazutora took that as a sign of his victory, he is the God of Pillows. The name was Baji's idea, Kazutora wasn't fully against it, he didn't have any other ideas for a title; spectator Chifuyu on the other hand thought the name was quite dumb.

He'd speak up about it, but speaking against it would only involve him in the Civil War between the two older boys.

"You guys certainly went wild." Chifuyu chuckled, finally sitting up from his sleeping bag.

"Yeah. Idiot got tired so in short, I win!" Kazutora announced proudly, a wide smile peaked his lips.

Chifuyu's gaze quickly went to Kazutora's smile, the blonde had to blink a few times before coming to his senses.

Sadly, luck wasn't much on his side, Kazutora managed to catch a glance at the young boy intensely staring at his lips, which made his face reddened.

"Is my smile a bit too weird?" Kazutora looked away in order to hide his blushing face.

Chifuyu flinched at the question and quickly shot his attention towards the older boy who was already facing the other way, "No! I mean, I didn't mean to scream but.." He looked away.

Kazutora faked a cough, "But?" Looking back at Chifuyu who's flustered gaze was already glued onto him.

"Well, actually your smile is the exact opposite of weird, it fits you," Chifuyu paused, taking a deep breath, "It's very starry y'know?"

Kazutora could no longer hide his crimson cheeks and his heated ears, only a snort came out as a response to the younger boy's compliment.

"Hey! What're you laughing at?" Chifuyu exclaimed, his face only became as a red as Kazutora.

"Nothin'! Its just, ya' know I was the only one who used starry and now you're using it quite a lot too." Kazutora said, his smile widening.

"Ah." Was all Chifuyu could utter at the starry sight in-front of him. He secretly thanked the deities above for blessing him with such a sight.

Without their knowledge, their red faces, comfortable silence, and fast beating hearts were in sync, an unusual rhythm that they've never felt before.

Their eyes wouldn't break contact, but their eyes also uttered words their mouth could not.

They knew within themselves what they said but not one would act on it. Not one of them would dare to close the gap.

The silence was only dragged, the air was cold, but the warmth of their bodies made up for it. There was only a small distance between each other, and finally Chifuyu's body moved on it's own and scooted closer to Kazutora's face.

Now, they could feel each other's breaths, and possibly even their heart beats.

"Chifuyu.." Kazutora finally uttered. Although the younger would not respond using words.

Chifuyu's hand covered the older boy's mouth, causing him to slightly flinch.

"Please." Chifuyu's breathing became heavier, it was obvious from the tone of his voice. Kazutora's lips  was against his bare hand.

Unknowingly, Kazutora nodded.

The younger boy's eyes slightly widened, and in a blink of an eye, his own lips came in contact with the back of his hand that was the remaining border from his and Kazutora's lips.

Kazutora froze, his heart had skipped a beat, his eyes closed at the contact.

Their lips weren't directly connected but their hearts were able to connect the moment.

It still didn't change the fact that their faces are closer than ever, their breaths heavier than any snow fall, their body warmth hotter than summer.

Chifuyu pulled away, his eyes were obvious to realization as Kazutora's still remained in a drunken shocked state.

He removed his hand from the other boy's lips, "I-I'm so sorry that was a bit-.."

And his hand that acted as border from each other's lips, was quickly grabbed by Kazutora who pulled Chifuyu closer again.

The older boy's lips, carefully placed itself on Chifuyu's forehead.

It was dry yet soft against Chifuyu's skin. Kazutora felt some of Chifuyu's bleached bangs against his lips but he mostly felt the younger boy's warm body closely against his.

Kazutora quickly let go of the boy and backed away, his eyes were quick to be covered by his long hair, "I-I'll sleep now too. Good night, Chifuyu."

And with that, Kazutora hid under the covers of his sleeping bag leaving a flustered and frozen Chifuyu sitting up on his own.

"G-Good night, Kazutora." Chifuyu also went in his sleeping bag, covering his whole body.

Their sleeping bags weren't far from each other, but it wasn't exactly as close as they were before. The two boys unconsciously made a small gap between them.

They couldn't feel each other's warmth anymore.

——————————

Author's Note:

Short chapter, a lot happening. Hope you enjoyed. :)