Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Eventually enough, after waking up, the boys all decided to head out and salvage the convenience store since all the food was eaten in one night.

Chifuyu was bugged by Takemichi, Hakkai, and Souya about the blanket incident. The boy refused with all his might and heart to share any details nor admit anything. Only with doing so, they managed to confirm that something did occur.

"He's flustered." Hakkai spoke, staring seriously at Chifuyu.

"That fact that he is means something did happen and that's enough proof for me." Souya added, drinking from his strawberry milk box.

The boys were sitting outside, waiting for the rest to finish buying their own food, if they didn't know how broke they were, they would have guessed that they already bought the whole store.

Chifuyu massaged his forehead, it was already noon, they all woke up late, he feels like he just woke up and he's ready to get back to his precious sleep anytime. 'Sleep is precious, sleep is love.' He'd usually say.

"So, partner-.."

"No." Chifuyu glared.

"I didn't even get to finish what I was gonna say." Takemichi awkwardly grinned.

"Hey Chifuyu." The boys turned to the familiar voice heading their way.

Chifuyu's dead and tired eyes lit up at the sight of the person, "Kazutora!" He smiled.

Hakkai, Souya, and Takemichi gave each other an obvious glance, indicating a hidden message that they must have translated from the shared braincells they have, their eyes were glued onto Kazutora sitting next to Chifuyu.

"I got you some chips, water, and KitKat." Kazutora handed over a small plastic bag to the younger boy who happily accepted.

"Thank you." Chifuyu leaned onto the older boy's shoulder, resting his head, opening the KitKat.

"Oy! Takemichi!" A voice yelled.

"Oh- Kaku-?!" Takemichi stood up, giving the tall boy a hug, "Where'd you come from?"

"Somewhere."

"Oh, Kazutora-kun, meet Kakucho! He's a good friend of mine." Kazutora smiled at the taller boy, which he returned back.

Takemichi turned to the shorter boy next to Kakucho, gulping at the sight, "And uhm, this here is Kurokawa Izana-kun.." He nervously said, making 'Izana' raise a brow.

"Just call me Izana." The tan boy spoke. Which Kazutora nodded to.

"Hanemiya Kazutora, nice to meet you both."

"Ah, you're that brat's friend." Izana continued.

Kazutora looked to Chifuyu and the others with him, but all avoided his eyes, he turned back to Izana who didn't have much of an expression to his face, "Brat?"

"Manjiro." Izana added.

"Izana!" Kakucho exclaimed, pink hue showing on his cheeks.

Izana lightly chuckled, "I'm kidding. But I've heard a lot about you from Emma, Manjiro, and Shinichiro-nii san."

"Ah Shinichiro-san...I still haven't properly apologized for hitting his head." Kazutora thought, thinking of various ways to offer his apology to the older boy. He has already apologized at least four times but Kazutora swore to himself he'll apologize six times or more.

Chifuyu chuckled, "Brat is a very descriptive description for the dearest president."

The tan boy sarcastically nodded, his eyes turning to the other ones present with Kazutora and Chifuyu, they all avoided his gaze, simply looking anywhere, the floor, the dead leaves, the birds, but him.